X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me pro's

hey i got a couple ?'s for the pro's

ok i am 16 years old and i am way into drifting i pretty much eat sleep and live it and i really want to get into it more ,not because of initial -d because that is a cartoon but instead get into it because to drift you almost need to be a part of the car now my ? is did you pro's go right into drift or did you go through the other motorsports like for myself i was a kart racer how did it work out for you ? also are there like drift clinics in the states or like open track days ? thank's
    Attached Files

You are in the right track of thinking about drifting. I always stress that it is really important to learn how to drive first before even thinking about going sideways. Majority of the drivers in the Formula D series like myself started out in other forms of motorsports, circuit racing, auto crossing, karting, rallying etc. What those forms of motorsport teach you is car control and racing line. To go fast you must take good racing lines with good braking and throttle application. Drifting is just an exaggeration form of driving but all those techniques apply.

For those of you who do not want to spend too much money getting into other forms of racing, I find indoor gokarting a good platform to learn as well. Since those karts are low in hp, effective use of momentum is the only way to get fast lap times. Understanding the use of momentum is very useful in drifting.

What frustrates me nowadays is that beginners jump right into drifting without any other driving/racing experience. IMO, the learning curve is steeper this way. Steeper because you have less venues to go drifting and it is a lot easier to crash if you don't know what you are doing. Remember, you have to learn how to drive first before going sideways.
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Comment

errr....read the faqs and use the search button. Theres even threads called "Your 16 and ..."

Comment

thanks hubert , I am really hoping to be a pro some day is there anything else that you would suggest i go and do before i start to drift because i am quiet good at carting i have even started to drift carts but i feel that it might be time to "step it up" so to speak.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X