The truth about mk3 supras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about mk3 supras

WHat up im looking to buy a rwd car that is overall has good handling dynamics, power and overall value, and not exlusivly for drifting, i live in Toronto and there are lot of mk3 supras for sale and really cheap (some for less than $2000) and wondering how they compare to 240's and FDC'S since there are alot of those for sale too, i heard that mk3's are very heavy and not worth it, but with a 3.0l turbo im very tempted what are some opinions about the mk3?

weight is the big deal...and its not really a car for any beginner to drive or drift with. Just stick with a 240...

Comment

I see good point, the stock weight for the mrk3 i heard is around 3500 lbs, that is alot a weight, i guess the prices i seen in the ads was luring me too much

Comment

if its what you want than get it anyways. its gonna be harder to learn in but in the long run, your skills will be alot better and you would be abel to handle a ton of other cars. dont let people discourage you, with a mk3 itll just take that mcuh more time to get to a good skill level, but once your their than handling any other car (exhageration) will be no sweat.

Comment

Well I'm not trying to discourage, because I obvious have a drift mk3 car. I have a targa which is about 3800 stock.

But I also learnt on a 240...starting of with a supra is too much power for a beginner. You won't understand the basics because most with compensate with power.

Not everyone is the same...but from what I'm seeing now a days, anything with the wheels sliding is considered drifting.

Stick to an undered power car and learn the basics, then upgrade when you feel you're ready.

Comment

Working...
          X