E-BRAKE Drift help ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-BRAKE Drift help ??

Hey im curiouse when you use a ebrake to drife do you let the thing lock or do you hold on the buton while yanking on it so that it doesnt lock on place thanks for the time peace

Hold the button.

Get a spin knob somewhere like http://www.jspec.com

Comment

Yes hold the button or like the guy said get a spin turn nob.. if you let it sit up then who knows what gonna happen to you.. make sure you clutch in when you pull the e brake to get the full effect.. of the tires locking up.

Comment

Umm lol im currently trying this in a 1990 mazda miata does anyone see any problems with that being a good drift car ive heard conflicting reports lol
        i know im changing the subject but its my thread

Comment

People seem to like Miatas for drifting. There's been a few nice vids around too.

Like others have said, hold down the button. How to do it? Lock or not? Well, that depends. You may find a certain way working better than another. You may yank and hold till the car slides. Some have found a few quick yanks working well. You may even find just a moderate tug or hold will upset the rear tires enough to break them free(especially if you're already turning).

As well, don't stick to only the e-brake. I learned without it as my first two cars had the foot style e-brake and they were rusted and useless anyways. Even now with a car that has a hand e-brake that actually works quite well, I still hardly ever use it. I only find it useful for the very tight, slow speed corners where you neither have the speed or room to use other techniques efficiently. It's good for a quick 180 too, but other than those few times, I don't touch the thing. I do find it far more useful on a fwd though, quite fun on snow.

Comment

You only need a spin knob if you plan to use the e-brake as a parking brake, heh. Using the e-brake is a hell of a lot easier if you disable the ratchet mechanism so you can grab it and let go when you are done with it without worrying about it being stuck partway up. The spin knob just lets you use the ratchet when you want to.

People tend to say "the e-brake is fine for beginners, but its useless for advanced drifters". While some of that is a matter of style, the idea that e-brake is not used in advanced drifting simply is not true. The e-brake is a great tool for drifting. When you are first learning, it will help you get the tail out until you are able to preform more advanced techniques. But wait, thats not all! Its also used for advanced drifting. You see, the e-brake also allows you to quickly increase angle in the middle of a turn when clutch-kick isn't appropriate. For example, clutch kick and increased throttle will tend to tighten your line, but if you need more angle and would like to loosen your line a little you'll find the e-brake is the best way to do it. There are numerous e-brake techniques. Just because they aren't discussed in the drift bible doesn't mean they aren't frequently used by the pros (the drift bible is pretty basic, for the most part).

As far a Miatas go, remember that they are very short wheelbase cars, so they'll tend to spin easily. I've seen a few people drift them well; I've seen far more struggle to do a donut without spinning. But hey, if you want to take the challenge, then yeah, you can do it, its just going to be a little more difficult. That shouldn't stop you man, go have fun and don't give up.

Comment

Working...
            X