pro MR2s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pro MR2s?

Hey this is my first post even though i have been checking out this site for a while. Just want to say I think you guys do a great job running the boards and ive learned alot from the threads.

Anyway I have two newb questions.

1) How come there arent any MR2s used by the drifting pros. I know they have a tendency to overster but if RSR can make a drift car out of an s200 why not a MR2. They have the right platform and are also damn sexy.

and 2) How do i put i icon under my name ( i know lame question but i had to ask)

1) From my personal opinion I think the Japanese are quite naive with some things. Even thought they started the sport, they don't try a variety of cars. Like they thought the skyline would be impossible since it was so heavy, obviously its not. Thats why they most just drift S13/S14/S15s and 86s, not exactly creative. Not like the parts aren't cheaper over there and the cars are dimes a dozen.

I think about the MR2 its all about society programming, they don't want to be an outsider. Or I'm just thinking too much and they're just suckas and missing out on an awesome car.

2) Go to your profile and scroll to the bottom, you'll see an option to have an avatar. Theres a gallery of avatars to go through or upload your own.

Comment

hmmm... interesting since that guy tsuchiya (the drift king) uses an mr2 to demonstrate how to drift MR cars, he does say they are harder to drive and even spins it during that drift bible video, maybe this discourages people to use the mr2 and since he uses the s15. by the way watch that video.

Comment

he uses a s14 in the drift bible

Comment

oops yea s14 my fault

Comment

He uses several cars in the drift bible, CRASH. You haven't seen the full version, have you?

MR2s have a low polar moment of inertia. While this makes them great grip cars, it compromises their sliding ability and makes it harder to stay within the envelope of controllability.

MR2s have a tendency to SNAP-oversteer. All drift cars have a tendency to oversteer.

Comment

isnt the whole low polar thing similar to rx7s? can it be made managble by tuning (on a resonable budjet)?

Comment

Originally posted by 1cepick
                hmmm... interesting since that guy tsuchiya (the drift king) uses an mr2 to demonstrate how to drift MR cars, he does say they are harder to drive and even spins it during that drift bible video, maybe this discourages people to use the mr2 and since he uses the s15. by the way watch that video.
                Yea see the video once, and didn't care for it. I'm not someone who lives and breathes the "drift bible." I tell people don't waste your time and drive, thats my motto.

Comment

I dont live watching drift videos all im saying is if ur new to drifting i dont think theres anything wrong with cheking out one of the best driving videos ever, not only for some usefull information but for some inspration. and yea obviosly theres no substitute for actual driving.

Comment

Working...
                  X