Buying my drift car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying my drift car...

I've found a really nice 1990 Nissan 240SX Silvia S13 conversion with an SR20 in it. 110k on the chassis and about 30k on the SR, many mods. Here's the ad...

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/55764694.html

Is it worth it?

Also, where can I get one of those cool car avatars?
    Last edited by GaijinSmash; 01-17-2005, 03:49 PM.

in my opinion, that is definately worth it. If the car runs good, you better jump on it. With all those mods the car is definately worth the money. Good luck with it.

Comment

wow.....there's so many goodies on it too....good price too...one would think it's stolen or something.....before you get it ask why he's selling......i'll tell you this tho...if had that much money i'll get it......

Comment

Is this your first car? or your first drift car? It's not really recommended to get a previously-modified car, you should actually get to know your car more or less then just buying a car someone made their own. It's considerably nice, but are you going to be able to drift with it. That's just the question. I hope your decision fits you right.

Comment

That 9000 for a car with no lsd.. thats another 700 to 900 depending on what brand. I would rather build a car my self then buying a modded car.. Who knows what the hell he did with the car.. But you'll appreciate it more if you build it your self..
          Last edited by Stannyboy; 01-17-2005, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stannyboy
            That 9000 for a car with no lsd.. thats another 700 to 900 depending on what brand. I would rather build a car my self then buying a modded car.. Who knows what the hell he did with the car.. But you'll appreciate it more if you build it your self..
            I totally agree with that, but for that price, I would get it if I had the money.

Comment

I think it is worth it... But, like he said above, if you build one yourself, serious~~

Comment

$9000 you give me $9000 and i will give you the drift car you can only dream about. if you get this car let me know. we can compare your car and my car and money spent................................

Comment

that car is ugly if you ask me and i would never buy someones modded car unless i won the lottery and didnt care about my money anymore. do you really wanna buy someones elses racecar??

Comment

And besides you say it has 30k on the engine, I highly doubt those are highway miles. If its his "racecar", those miles are probably equivilant to 90k normal miles. Your better off building your own, cause deep down inside when your done you'll feel all warm and fuzzy.

Comment

I personally like starting out fresh(stock). Therefor I can express my own style of tuning in it and such forth and more importantly no one has abused the car. But that is me. 9000 is alittle to steep a price for me but sr20 aka hottest engine there is right now, s13 conversion is yummy, so go for it. If you have the money and if it runs nice, sure, go for it.

Comment

sr is the hottest engine right now??? i think not

Comment

Where to buy

I am completely new to this and want to know the following:
                          1.what's the most economical drift car
                          2.where are the best deal's found on used drift machines
                          3. Can my Crown Victoria police interceptor be set up for drifting with its solid reaer axle?
                          My interest in drifting is non-competive I just want to learn it because I feel that drifitng skill represents the highest level of driving skill to me. Therefore I want too learn to drift my daily driver crown vic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

of course not, that would be a 7M, j/k.

Comment

i suggest for you to check it out. i have been lucky with craigslist; having bought all of my 4 corollas for their ads.

Comment

Working...
                              X