Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drfting in a 300zx

hey guys
    im new to drfiting and i have a1990 300zx.
    i been trying to drift in it and trying to learn but i just can't do it.
    i been reading the forums hear to learn how but i can't do it.

my question is:
    is it possible to drift in a 300zx?

Yes, you can basically drift anything especially if its rwd. From what ive heard the 300zx is heavy car, so I would suggest weight reduction is a good thing for the car. Also, use the search button this has been covered before.

Comment

Z32 300ZX is really hard to drift.
      If you are gonna try in that car, i would wet down the road or wait until it rains.

Max

Comment

I dont remember the name of the site (he made like drift dreams, etc) but I think he's got a video of a 300zx drifting. If it's rear wheel drive, it can drift.

I've got two words of advice:
        Practice more.

I don't think Nomuken won any D1 events the second time he ever went drifting

Edit:
        Man, why the hell do I keep on thinking Ken's last name is Nomura
        Last edited by nitroboy24; 02-08-2005, 08:45 PM.

Comment

haha thanks guys

Comment

why does the 300zx way so much. i "semi" drifted in a 4 door toyota camry, and i expect a 4 door vehichle to weigh more? it doesn't make sense?

Comment

just go to a big parking lot at night and just yank on the ebrake and turn to get some practice drifting and get a feel for going sideways, just do that alot and turn left and right and see how long you can hold it and try to have it controled, then once you got the swing of that move on to things like clutch kick

Comment

yea i guess you're right...practice makes perfect
                thnx

Comment

Definantly try the e-brake. That will be the easiest for now. Or maybe power over. But I agree with illegalgarage wait till it rains, more understeer, but alot easier to learn.

Comment

^ more oversteer in the rain

Comment

should i consider selling my 300zx and buying another car thats easier? or, what can i do to make it drift easier?
                      would it be easier to drift in a more recent 300zx?
                      are parts expensive to replace in a 300zx? (u havn't replaced any yet)

-also....my friend is selling his selling his 1994 Rx-7.... i was wonderinf if i should see my zx and buy his rx-7....but is an rx-7 a reliable car? i heard things such as, it has many problems and it's parts are expensive.?
                      Last edited by pom_sandhu; 02-10-2005, 11:53 AM. Reason: added moer info

Comment

from what ive heard both parts for the 300zx and the rx7 are somewhat moderatly priced.
                        if you like the rx-7 more than your 300zx. i say go for it. it is a lighter car, and you can probably get it sideways a little easier.
                        If you've been practicing as long as you say you have in the 300zx than maybe you might not feel comfortable in the rx-7 though.
                        there are a lot of different things that come with a new car. Also check the condition of the rx-7 before you buy it. you don't want to sell out to a car in worse shape. that's usually not a good idea.

Comment

aight man...i have been cosnidering selling my 300zx, if i do it, ill be sure to check it throughly

thanks man

Comment

OK, so you have a 240sx, a 300zx and an Accord, and can't decide which one to drift? I call BS

Comment

there's a guy in australia that drifts a 300zx in the national comps. When I was breifly talking him to him he said the trick is to start with a non targa top model (which weighs 1460kg as opposed to the targa models which weigh around 1550kg) and do a VG30DETT swap into it. Take out all the bits in the back, stiffen the chassis and add a rollcage to stop body twist, get the right suspension settings and off you go. Other obvious things you need to do are disable HICAS and swap a 1.5 or 2 way LSD (depending on how experienced /adventurous you are).

With a zed you should be able to power-over pretty easily, the weight balance on the zed is a bit biased towards a front but not greatly, but that works in your favour as you can then use it as a pivoting point. I wouldn't think you'd even need to use your hand brake.

Comment

Working...
                              X