17" or 18" wheel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17" or 18" wheel ?

i will buy a set wheel for drift, buy 17" or 18"?
    which one size is easy to drift??
    some ppls said small wheel is better to drift.

17"s are good...i'd go with that.....i think 18"s are more "showy" kinda rims

Comment

17 on Z33....smaller than that would look weird, but they will be cheaper as far as tires goes.... on my car i dont think i will ever drift bigger than 15s unless a sponsor comes along...but i dont think that will be happening....

Comment

I ran 16's on my s14 and said I would never go bigger without an sr swap or more power (stock ka) and then put on a set of 225/45/17's on z33 wheels on the back at the last event and loved how they performed so I might be sold on 17's now I think on a z33 I would have to run 18's but a nice 17 woth a deep lip can look as big as an 18"

Comment

put 18's on the back and 17's on the front.
          (ive always kinda liked the different wheel size thing)

Comment

you are all wrong. you should go with 24's front and back

sry couldnt resist
            Last edited by boygenius_89; 03-05-2005, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Just keep in mind smaller rims have cheaper tires and are easier to spin I think 17 might be the size for you

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost
                Just keep in mind smaller rims have cheaper tires and are easier to spin I think 17 might be the size for you
                thats why I love my 16"s for the track but its a trade off too I cant run them on the street without a gap or lowering the car to where I scrape everywhere I guess I should run stock height tires to avoid that but I like the 205/50/16's better but they make excelent track wheels and they look good on the street when I roll them.

Comment

smaller rims have less rotatinal mass that biger rims do..so even if the rims weigh the same a 15" rims will be eaiser to excelarate than a 18" rim and also eaiser to drift on.

Comment

Working...
                  X