Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driftin' my celica

hey all, im new
    i got a 1982 celica XT (RA60) and i wanna use it for drifting. what mods could u guys suggest i get, including an engine conversion, cos its quite slow.
    it'd be good to see this car drifting cos ive never seem em drifted before.
    thanks

Originally posted by CelicaXT
    hey all, im new
    i got a 1982 celica XT (RA60) and i wanna use it for drifting. what mods could u guys suggest i get, including an engine conversion, cos its quite slow.
    it'd be good to see this car drifting cos ive never seem em drifted before.
    thanks

It the gen after this one right?? I'm not big on celicas but from what I was just hunting on google, try maybe a 1G-GTE...

IG Swap

Twin turbo...if you want some more info PM me, I'll get you an email of the guy in the first pic.

Celica Link

Comment

hey thanks,
      yeah thats right, its a gen 3 celica the generation after the one pictured.
      i was leaning towards the 1ggte but ive heard there no so good for drifting cos they can have problems when they get hot.
      any other mod ideas would also be good, like LSD and were to get it.
      thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by CelicaXT
        hey thanks,
        yeah thats right, its a gen 3 celica the generation after the one pictured.
        i was leaning towards the 1ggte but ive heard there no so good for drifting cos they can have problems when they get hot.
        any other mod ideas would also be good, like LSD and were to get it.
        thanks again
        Go ahead a read the faqs about the LSD and check the tech area for that too, or just do a search.

Comment

cool, thanks guys.
          btw im in australia and ive never seen one drifted here.
          and i got the 21R-C engine which isnt what'd you'd call quick. i know that in the states theres alot of parts and stuff for the 22R but there isnt much here is aus. Apart from putting a 1ggte in i was thinking maybe a 4AGZE or just 4AGE or maybe even a CA18 or SR20 but i dont wanna spend heaps on the conversion. thanks for all your help guys keep it coming.

Comment

i currently have a 84 celica gt, and i have been thinking about looking for a 3g-gte motor it's a 1.8l dohc 4 banger that came in the 3rd gen celi's as an option in japan... not sure how hard it is to get the motors.. or what other cars they came in..

Comment

I'd love to get an RA60...or even a TE27...You should definitely go for it...those things are badda$$!

I was expecting to see a newer Celica...hahaha..

Comment

yeah i m trying to get an LSD on ma 1985 Celica GTS too......i feel ur pain.....hard to find parts

Comment

grrrr

damn you all, i have a 89 celica, the gen after the last fr. i envy you all until i get my s13

Comment

Working...
                  X