ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting...Concrete, pavement, Snow, Rain???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting...Concrete, pavement, Snow, Rain???

Just wondering what you people thought about the different ways of drifting and was wondering what ppls preferences were about it.. i live im mn and i get everything here and was just wondering what people thought which they like best or dislike???

It all works. Asphalt is fastest of course but adds a lot of tire wear and higher forces. Good horsepower is benificial too. Moving to surfaces like gravel makes things a little easier for a stock level car. You need less hp and wear and tear is reduced. Moving to snow, you go a step further. This requires almost no power and is very easy on the car. Speeds are slower but more precision is needed to control the car with what little traction is available.

I see it like this. Most cars can drift well on gravel in stock form. If you have the power to work with and a decent setup, asphalt is probably prefered for "true" drifting. I like to think of snow and ice as a proving ground. It offers something that other surfaces don't, very low traction. You actions have to be more precise and light to keep control. On gravel and asphalt you can be a little heavier on the car's inputs. That doesn't mean easier though. More traction means more speed and faster movements. Fine control transitions into quick control. A good mixture of surfaces helps you wholely learn the car.

Comment

i prefer drifting on sand.

Comment

Working...
      X