ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New RS13,CA18(DET) Drifter LSD Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RS13,CA18(DET) Drifter LSD Question.

Hello everyone!
    Sorry for these stupid questions but i need those questions' answers

I bought an 93' 200SX RS13(Flip Headlights and Fastback), CA18(DET) engine version...
    I bought rims and tyres and their sizes...
    225/45/17 Fronts
    245/40/17 Rears
    I dont know my car has or has not got L.S.D.(i think it hasnt an L.S.D.)
    if it has an L.S.D. its not working...
    Well now i want to buy an L.S.D.
    I searched in the net and i find these brands cusco, kaaz, nismo...
    I have to find it from USA to ship it easly but i can find it only for 240SX's. Does it fit in my differential?
    Can i find a Mechanical L.S.D. for my RS13?

Shortest version of this post;
    I want a Mechanical L.S.D. for my 93' 200SX RS13,CA18(DET). Where to buy in USA? A website please becouse im not in USA, im in Europe.(but i want it from USA)

Im not really in to imports so I can't help you with the brands or if their any good but I know that the 200sx is the same car as the 240sx but the US didn't get the CA or SR we got the KA which is why its a 240 so the LSD should fit cause I sure you have the same r200 diff

Comment

well i dont know the anwser to this question...but i want to add on to RS13's question.

What is an LSD, and what does it do?

Comment

Limited Slip Differential or POSI - sends power to both wheels or the wheel with grip opposed to an open diff that sends power to one wheel or the wheel with the least resistance

Comment

jack the back up and grab one wheel with your hand and get someone to give a tad of power to the wheels if the wheel in your hand stays still its an open diff, if its an lsd the wheel in your hand will start to spin like the other wheel-if its viscous probably not a great amount of power will get to the wheel in your hand, viscous isnt great for drifting its better than nothing though youll need to do most of the work getting power to both wheels is all, if you do have a viscous youll be sweet to drift in the wet. Nismo and cusco are the main ones outside of usa and japan to look for.
          Last edited by rb20; 02-16-2005, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rb20
            jack the back up and grab one wheel with your hand and get someone to give a tad of power to the wheels if the wheel in your hand stays still its an open diff, if its an lsd the wheel in your hand will start to spin like the other wheel-if its viscous probably not a great amount of power will get to the wheel in your hand, viscous isnt great for drifting its better than nothing though youll need to do most of the work getting power to both wheels is all, if you do have a viscous youll be sweet to drift in the wet. Nismo and cusco are the main ones outside of usa and japan to look for.
            Sounds a little dangerous to have someone give power to the wheels while your under it.

Jack it up the same and spin one wheel, you can see if the other is spinning at the same rate. Or do a burn out and see if ones darker than the other.

I believe we have links on this site to many places that sell diffs, check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
              Sounds a little dangerous to have someone give power to the wheels while your under it.

Jack it up the same and spin one wheel, you can see if the other is spinning at the same rate. Or do a burn out and see if ones darker than the other.

I believe we have links on this site to many places that sell diffs, check them out.
              Yeah youre probably right it is a little dangerous unless youre a careless bum like me

Comment

first you need to find out if you have a vlsd right now, then once you have that figured out, you can order a lsd accordingly (for factory open or vlsd...)

also, you were correct. order the lsd for a 240sx, (s13), a mechanical one would work great.

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
                  first you need to find out if you have a vlsd right now, then once you have that figured out, you can order a lsd accordingly (for factory open or vlsd...)

also, you were correct. order the lsd for a 240sx, (s13), a mechanical one would work great.
                  how can i understand my car has got a vlsd or hasn't got it?
                  also my car is old(93) vlsd can be broken(not working well maybe)?
                  now when i rotate a rear wheel in clock wise the other one rotates counter clock wise..(driveshaft is not spining)

Comment

read up a couple posts....

your lsd could be fauly, but there is no true way to tell if its a vlsd (unless you have 2 tire marks etc...) until you crack the diff open.

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
                      I don't know much about the Euro 200sx, but I can tell you that the Kaaz USA LSD for the 240sx uses different side shafts than it's JDM counterpart. It used to be that you'd need to find the proper side shafts when using the Kaaz LSD. Kaaz USA, however, has made it easy for us here in the states and their LSDs now come with the side shafts needed to fit the US 240sx.

You will need to research which shafts your 200sx needs. Just a pure guess here, but if you're in the UK, right hand drive, with a CA, I think you'd need the JDM one.

Comment

ya, i forgot about that, do some research, then get whichever one is made for your output shafts...
                        matt

Comment

Originally posted by RS13
                          now when i rotate a rear wheel in clock wise the other one rotates counter clock wise..(driveshaft is not spining)
                          I think that means you have an LSD but I could be wrong

I did that same test but I cant remember what my tires did, but I have a eaton style posi(lsd) don't know if it works different or not

Comment

ok answers are great but i dunt know anything about my car's or jdm's axles?! research what, how, where?
                            what: axles
                            how: dont know?
                            where: dont know too
                            No euro rs13 drifters here(with a mechanical lsd)?

Comment

Originally posted by RS13
                              Oh you have an open, my does that...you tried the jacking the car up right?? Because you wouldnt need the driveshaft to spin because you don't have any power going to the back wheel.

So you have an open diff...practice without one for a while. Get a real feel for the car, becuase I've seen you Euros drive before its not safe (LOL my stepdad is british). Learn how to throw your car sideways, its not hard without an LSD just patience and practice. You can even do donuts if you want, most can't do it but its not impossible it your set of mind you need to conquer.

After a few months to a year of driving like that then get an LSD, becuase you should ahve learned how to feel what your car was doing by then. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X