This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need halp deciding on a car

OK I am looking into buying a pearl blue '92 240sx coupe with 17" OZ Pacing rims. It has 112k miles on it and has an automatic transmission. They are asking 3,000 dollars for it. Is that a good deal? Also how hard would it be to do an sr20det swap since the car is an auto?

Thanks,

John

Originally posted by s13 coupe
    OK I am looking into buying a pearl blue '92 240sx coupe with 17" OZ Pacing rims. It has 112k miles on it and has an automatic transmission. They are asking 3,000 dollars for it. Is that a good deal? Also how hard would it be to do an sr20det swap since the car is an auto?

Thanks,

John
    Be patient and get a manual.
    Learn on a KA.
    Learn to use the search features of this website and the rest of the internet.

Comment

3,000 is alot for a beginner drift car. I'd hold out for a cheaper MT. Don't worry so much about paint and wheels and such.

For the first year of drifting I was driving a real solid but piece od $hit looking car. And I'm really happy for that.

Besides, if you don't destroy it right away you can take pride in fixing something up

Comment

Originally posted by aphxero
        3,000 is alot for a beginner drift car. I'd hold out for a cheaper MT. Don't worry so much about paint and wheels and such.
        i disagree. i think 3,000 is fine depending on how this dude is if its not his first car. but i think it will be hard from what i hear to drift an auto tranny. i do agree however to disregard wheels and paint for a drift car because u will lose both as crashes are inevitable for beginers

Comment

The manual swap is not that bad if you are mechanically inclined. I forget who it is but the make a kit to change it from auto to manual. Just wait for a manual though. You may think you are going to do the swap now but you may change your mind or have to wait a while. If you have the manual you can start drifitng right away.

Comment

NO!!!! what are you thinking? !?!?!?!?!? GO HOME!!!

Comment

i dunno...what are you thinking? why the fuk dont u? ur the one making retarted azz posts

Comment

Originally posted by boygenius_89
                i dunno...what are you thinking? why the fuk dont u? ur the one making retarted azz posts
                Hi pot, meet the kettle.

Comment

hold out for a manual. Converting a car on the extreme cheap (all used/untested parts) is at least $500 + the hassle. Doing it the right way (mostly new/aftermarket parts) can run well over $1500. I converted my mk3 supra to manual only because I really wanted a hardtop and they're hard to find in turbo models. It cost me a $500 parts car and a fair amount of time. I then grenaded that clutch/transmission and put another $1500 into an aftermarket clutch/flywheel and another used tranny... And I still don't have working reverse lights (lazy)

Comment

yea, i dont think swapping 5spd is really a kit, you just buy the parts that were on a 5spd, and put them on yours

hold out for a manual, its not worth the hassle of getting an auto and swapping unless you are getting a really good deal on the car, like 800 and they give you all the 5spd stuff. otherwise, just hold out.

Comment

how on earth did u manage to mispell "help" with "halp"????

Comment

Originally posted by boygenius_89
                        how on earth did u manage to mispell "help" with "halp"????

You being no help to this board by posting this.. Please stop. He asked a legitimate question.

Comment

Word to what aphxero said. My car's paint is faded horribly on the front bumper and the clearcoat's peeling on the passenger quarter panel, but the engine runs silky and the frame isn't rusty. Paint doesn't need to be perfect because odds are, if you're gonna tune it, you'll eventually get to the point where you do a total makeover of the exterior.

B-Wurm

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
                            You being no help to this board by posting this.. Please stop. He asked a legitimate question.
                            I wouldn't say so, since this question has been asked over a dozen times. Theres enough information in this forum, read it and use it.

Please read the faqs and do a search. Have a nice day.

-Closing.

PS Some informative links (I just search "choosing car")

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...495#post122495

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5561
                            Last edited by Wickdmarz; 04-06-2005, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X