Drifting Term Definitions........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting Term Definitions........

I've been reading posts(not posting that much) on this site for quite a while and I see words like Dori-Dori and Choku and Onevia..... I tried figuring out what they meant but I need help, someone make a small dictionary plzzzzzzzz ='(

I would tell you to search but since a) I'm feeling nice today, and b) I'm too lazy to verify on my own if a search would have found the answers to your questions, I will just tell you what I know.

Onevia - Nissan S13 Chassis, 180sx front, Silvia back. The exact opposite of the Sileighty.

Choku - Style of drift, not exactly sure what.

Dori-Dori - See Choku

Comment

Choku-dori is a swaying drift, performed at high speeds on a straightaway... basically a way to keep drifting, even when there isnt a turn, thus allowing full-course drift runs. not often seen in D1. Also called the "Manji" drift.

Dori-dori is Keiichi Tsuchiya's nickname. short for "Dorikin" which means "Drift King"

Dorifto is Drifting in japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by UNST0PPABL3
        I've been reading posts(not posting that much) on this site for quite a while and I see words like Dori-Dori and Choku and Onevia..... I tried figuring out what they meant but I need help, someone make a small dictionary plzzzzzzzz ='(
        Dori-Dori is just slang..."hey wanna dori-dori in my 240" I guess dori can be the japanese verison of the english word drift, but I don't think thats a direct translation.

Choku is when you slide side to side in a straight line, not fishtailing back and forth, real smooth. Its like when you rollerblade and and skate back and forth slowly and smoothly..lol

Just look for some videos I'm sure you can find them, check out the Drift Society videos, I believe they have some footage from doing that in Hawaii.

LOL www.google.com is your best friend.

Comment

Working...
        X