ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice on a hard car choice ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice on a hard car choice ;)

Hi all i currently have a 1990 mazda miata that i am thinking about geting into drifting with its bone stock at the moment but as my username suggests i am realy into the fc rx-7s my father in his infinate wisdom is pressuring me to cell the miata cause he thinks that the car is on his last legs however the car is in tip top shap with no running problems save possibly needing some clutch work so heres the question

do i

A.keep the miata and drift the censored outa it untill it falls apart and endur much parental backlash

or

B. sell the car and wait a little while buy a FC3S eather turbo or N/A and build it into a drift machine the problem is i would miss this summer session of drifting in my area and would not be able to start my journey till next summer do to the need to save money

i have the perfect car now lol. any advice on dealing with my parents or with my cars would be greatly appreciated thanks
    John

Originally posted by wannafc
    Hi all i currently have a 1990 mazda miata that i am thinking about geting into drifting with its bone stock at the moment but as my username suggests i am realy into the fc rx-7s my father in his infinate wisdom is pressuring me to cell the miata cause he thinks that the car is on his last legs however the car is in tip top shap with no running problems save possibly needing some clutch work so heres the question

do i

A.keep the miata and drift the censored outa it untill it falls apart and endur much parental backlash

or

B. sell the car and wait a little while buy a FC3S eather turbo or N/A and build it into a drift machine the problem is i would miss this summer session of drifting in my area and would not be able to start my journey till next summer do to the need to save money

i have the perfect car now lol. any advice on dealing with my parents or with my cars would be greatly appreciated thanks
    John
    id keep the miata

Comment

Stay in school!!!!!

Oh, and keep the Miata

Comment

Drift the piss out of the Miata. THEN sell it!

B-Wurm

Comment

God keep the miata...better suspension set up, 50/50 weight balance, and when it gets hot take off the hard top...what else could you ask for??

Comment

thanks for the thoughts anyone know what a good first mod to the miata is i can allready drift it pretty my previouse car was a bmw 328is that i got quit familiar with the olll faint drift in and this is my prefered technique with the traction controll of bimmers work quite well but i dont know anything about the mazdas so any thoughts
            John

Comment

Originally posted by wannafc
              thanks for the thoughts anyone know what a good first mod to the miata is i can allready drift it pretty my previouse car was a bmw 328is that i got quit familiar with the olll faint drift in and this is my prefered technique with the traction controll of bimmers work quite well but i dont know anything about the mazdas so any thoughts
              John
              Bucket seat and harness...then drive it some time and you'll figure out what you need to upgrade with some research.

Comment

I know NOTHING about Miatas. But my general knowledge says to get an LSD, some buckets and harnesses, a roll cage (flipping whether you are drifting or not would SUCK), light power mods (I,H,E), maybe some suspension parts??? Yea then yur all set! I know that theres a few Miata drifters on this site so u can find them and PM them with questions.

Comment

keep the miata. get a late model torsen (or find a fc rx7 gxl LSD to fit).

Comment

well...imo...i'd get a fc

haha and i own a roadster too...

but IF your willin to spend quite a bit of time and money, keep the roadster and don't beat her to crap...i learned the hard way...the block is strong..the head isn't so...lol...take care of her, and she'll take care of you.

as fdor first modifications, i'd say, if you got a VLSD keep it and save for a rollbar...like a 4 point bar from harddog(which seem to be the cheapest from my research) don't get a style bar like me...lol...its ok, i'm building a full cage later so thats fine with me...wait...i just remeber my dad's friend offered my dad a pipe bending machine awhile back...Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww &^@^*%^@%$&!%^!%^**(&%#^$#!!&^*^&(&^&(#^%@%$!$!@^( *^&(($^%!#^!##*^&&$#^*#&%%^$$@^^@^%@ ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! d*** it!!!!! i coiuld of built that cage by now...i'm pissed now...

but back on topic...here's just a short list that i'd do...if i knew what i knew now if i were you

-keep VLSD or get torsen or some sort of clutch type LSD
                    -add power to the bia...I/E/H or small turbo...the S/C costes to freakin much
                    -go to events when you can...don't pressure yourself to go to events because you wanna get better...keep your priorities straight...i see too many people going to events when they outta be doing some other things...i won't go in to this...
                    -get some suspension...depending on what your gonna do with the car i.e. track car, full coil overs with adjustable spring rates...lol...but if it's gonna be a daily driver/weekend warrior get a set of lowerings springs...decently soft for the daily drive and some adjustable shocks...that outta keep you happy, and you won't have abump on your head from bouncing everywhere...

thats all i can think of...AIM me if u wanna ask questions...most us roadster guys are pretty nice so feel free to PM or AIM any of us...just be sure u let us know who you are and where u got our SN..ok...thank you

Comment

Don't get an FC.
                      It's a PITA to drift.

Comment

Working...
                      X