powersteering or no powersteering?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powersteering or no powersteering?...

im pretty sure this has came up before. but i would want as many peoples opinion on how du u like to drift? not dailydriving but while drifting how many people like with or without?.any feedback will be appreciated thank you very much.

I run my celica without powersteering it helped alot with engine response and the car is gutted so it doesnt weigh much so its not that hard to steer without powersteering

Comment

Yes it has been, why didnt you just post on that thread instead of making a new one.

Comment

because that way people like you CB couldn't get an extra meaningless post :P

power steering really makes no difference once you get passed 5mph as far as turning difficulty, so just try both out and figure out what you like for yourself.. i'm running no PS. just that much less weight and less crap in my engine bay.

Comment

if you have powersteering keep it. If you dont' than its fine. If you un hook the pump you run the chance of burning up your power steering rack and than your out of luck. Plus its much easier to drift with power steering.

Comment

to me the difference is with power steering yeah its easier so you can focus on your line more. And with out it your just too busy fighting it.. But thats how i feel about it. I've tried drifitng with and with out on two different s13's. Its really all preference but a hell of a lot easier with it.

Comment

thanks piner,totoro001,tonesdef, and stannyboy! i really appreciate your 2 cents

Comment

yeah phil's (totoro) right anything over about 5 mph and you wouldnt know it didnt have it. Plus you do get more feedback from the steering i have found without it. I have done some of the best counter steer donuts i have ever pulled off without PS

Comment

power steering when drifting is alot different then non. Even on a road the way your car handles and feels is different. I do like non ps for road racing, and strete, but for drifting ps is more suited

Comment

if you car has ps don't remove it.

Comment

Working...
                    X