Datsun 280zx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datsun 280zx

Just want to get some feedback on this offer. 1983 Datsun 280zx, Non-turbo, 230k miles, stick, completely stock. Needs new brakes and a new radiator. $700

Does this car have potential in drifting? I'm havin a hard time finding some drift 280zx, so i think this is the best place to go. Feedback please! Thanks.

you can have some fun with that car. I've got one. A 79, seems pretty easy to control. One prob with this car though. It's pretty hard to get an lsd for it. There is an lsd that fits the car fine but it's rare and expensive. That's all.

Old z cars also have potential to be some really fast cars. Engine bay in those cars are big enough to easily fit a small block v8. The v8 Actualy on top of increasing horsepower and a huge load of torque actualy improves the handling of the car by shifting more weight to the rear and reducing the center of gravity(gives you a similar effect as lowering your car) since the engine sits lower in the bay and farther back
    Last edited by datsun280zx; 06-29-2005, 06:52 PM.

Comment

You think the specs i gave u like 230k miles, etc., etc. is worth the $700?

Comment

well speaking from experience old nissans are solid built cars so if you have the money to make it run right then 700$ is good. Check for rust on the undercarriage and the fire wall engine bay side.

Comment

If you can find a Z that would be better. =/ THe ZX are a lot heavier. And if you found a 240z no smog. ....I wish I didn't have to try and smog my FC.

Comment

240z's are driftable, but you don't see many sliding because the weight isn't destributed correctly. They are also very light and like to spin more than slide.

A 280zx on the other hand is heavier, and the weight is probably more even front and rear because of the newer body design. If you could get the car to have enough power and get the suspension stiff enough, you'd have a pretty good drift car I would imagine.

Comment

Working...
            X