• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone use 350z for dirfting?

hi

wht size tires you put on the caR?

LOL Just about a dozen or so can.

I imagine pretty big like 245/40/18 or 19 but thats for the ballers.

Comment

I don't know about you but I wouldn't drive a 350z, they're pretty expensive, and I imagine the parts themselves are expensive.

Comment

Hi got a set of 17" Base model wheels for mine, and put 225/50/17's on them. Those tires are cheaper and when you run slightly thinner tires the car naturally is easier to slide.

But i agree with, RaughfulSt. in the fact that you still better be ready to pay to play so to speak, my car has 17k miles on it and im already looking at a clutch replacement. and i eat through tires like nothing.

But hey i do it!!

Comment

pretty much anythign that will fit on the stock wheels work awesome on these cars, stock they are about hte easiest car ive ever drifted, and hte torque is enough to where you can run about anything you want, even in 3rd gear once it gets sideways its got plenty of power to light up 245 azenis sports. just get tires that fit on the stock rims and your set.

also FWIW , 350z rims are the same size/offset as 99-04 mustang gt wheels, and they are almost worthless (you can pick up 17x8 with good tires for ~ 100 bux if you look on forums) , and 245/45r17 are oem size for mustang, and you can get some very very very cheap tires for that size.

Comment

Man thats a great idea, thanks for the info. I use kumho's now cause i can get them for less than 100 bucks each. any cheaper tire and i would be forever greatful.

Comment

i use falken st115's in the rear. they last decently and provide enough grip. i use the stock 17's for rears.

Comment

what about wheel width is 10" too wide?

Comment

Daytona350 - nice color, looked at that before i went redline. Is that a track edition? Mine is the performance edition and i use the stock 17" from the base model as well, but how much do you get your tires for? i wouldnt mind trying something else, the kumhos are decent but when they get hot they dissenigrate into nothing. ive had a couple of blowouts from them.

And a 10" wide wheel can be used is you have the money for the tires and the power to get that much rubber spinning like you want them.

Comment

Originally posted by RED350z
                    Daytona350 - nice color, looked at that before i went redline. Is that a track edition? Mine is the performance edition and i use the stock 17" from the base model as well, but how much do you get your tires for? i wouldnt mind trying something else, the kumhos are decent but when they get hot they dissenigrate into nothing. ive had a couple of blowouts from them.

And a 10" wide wheel can be used is you have the money for the tires and the power to get that much rubber spinning like you want them.
                    i buy my tires from tires.com. they have free shipping and i can mount them at school, so it works out well for me. i usually use between a 245/45/17 and a 235/45/17 falken st115 on the stock 17in rims, prices are <$100 for each tire, but they have gone up like 3 dollars in the last month for both sizes.. i havent used the kumho's yet, good thing you told me they blow out when they get hot, i was bout to order those.

my car is a touring outfitted with track model wheels and brembo brakes. so i guess you could call it a touring track model

Comment

Nice, i have looked for a set of track model wheels but everyone wants an are and a leg for them. I will look into those tires, im tired of kumho's, they are a decent tire otherwise, noisy and always wear funny when treated hard on a daily vehicle. I would stay away if you have had luck with a <100$ tire already.

Comment

Working...
                      X