Drift Day 26... what to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Day 26... what to expect?

Question for those who have done a Drift Day event w. Drift Association at Fontana. I'm goin to Drift Day 26 and wondering how the sessions are run. I'm in no way a track newbie, but wanted to know how the event is structured. I'm particularly interested in knowing how hard I'll be using the car up. I want to make sure that I'm not going to overheat the car. My car can survive around 10-15 minutes of hard running at the track, but not sure about how hard before my car heats up during drifting. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

The sessions are usually split into 3 groups at 1 hour of runtime each, on 2 sections (consisting of 2 or 3 different courses). Since there are 3 groups and 2 sections, you rotate every hour, between the 2 sections and a one hour break.

Within each hour that your group is on a course, you can run as much or as little as you want, so if your car gets hot take a break or cool it down while you wait to get your next run in.

Besides the 2 sections, they also tend to set uip an area to work on basic car control with a skidpad and a figure 8.

All in all you'll have a good time and will have plenty of seat time to call it well worth it.

Comment

What's your situation on tires? I would expect to bring 2 pair used/1 pair new tires for the track.

Comment

i went through 3 pairs of rears from 9am-4pm im planning on bringing 5 sets of wheels/tires next time i go out..

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X