Drift Your Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Your Fox

For the past 6 months I have been building a 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 to drift in Formula D or D1.Setting up car is a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* but I am very excitied it is almost done.I live in Hemet CA and want to get some more FOX-CHASSIS involved in this sport.I also need help with this project in getting it ready for next season.I have also gotten some sponsorships but need more of course.So,if you would like to be part of Fox 5.0 Racing please give out a shout,I would love to hear from all that share my passion for FOX bodies.
    Thanks,Fox5.0Racing,Mike Rampani

Dont Fox body Mustangs have BAD snap oversteer?

Comment

Don't AE86 have weak engines?

If there's a will...there's a way

Comment

Snap Oversteer can be corrected

I am pretty used to the bucking of my stang. The Fox is and will be a great competitor, but like all race cars, my stang must be trained to play with others.That snap oversteer I agree is not good behavior! I have alot more parts that I want to put on the Steed but as of now it has a stage 3 suspension and DRIFTS predictably ,so far ,off the track. Have some video of it in a parking lot doing 360s and drifting towards camera , plus doing 90 - 95 mph in Batista Canyon by my town.I was surprised as to how well it felt and controlable it was. Torque is a GOOD thing. Like I said we havent been to a Drift day yet but want to BADLY.Unfortunately this stang is no longer a daily driver so I must trailer it. More importantly the safety of myself comes first and we need a rollbar,and until thats done we are here in Hemet working on it as fast as my pockets can pull it out!!!!! Its my dream to do this with this praticular car.I believe that the MUSTANG is the most versitile and competitive car out there.Thanks for the input, and hope to see you at an event or drift day sometime soon!Mike Rampani Fox5.0Racing

Comment

sounds like your new to drifting, and new to drifting the fox body. its not an easy car to make drift well, and kinda sucks as a drift car. i would suggest getting it to some drift days and start actually drifting it before putting too much time/money/effort into the car. too many people try to build drift cars before they themselves can drift. the fox body will need ALOT of work to be competitive in formula d or d1. as in, ALOT. the suspension, steering angle, and the super crappy weight balance of the car make things tough. with enough work, anything can be made to drift, but get the car down to a drift day so you can see exactly what you need before randomly modding anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MayanWarrior
            Don't AE86 have weak engines?

If there's a will...there's a way

Sure....but to a point though. A weak engine is fine as long as you can keep your speed up. Snap oversteer is a handicap that I would predict to be worse then low power......as it isnt something that can be easily fixed (as far as I know).

Comment

Your right

Yes I am new to drifting and so is the Fox-chassis.As they say,anything can be made into something with enough work.Well,I am at that point where there is NO TURNING back,just have to Drift ahead!!!! My car is light and power to weight ratio is ok for now.Need more power about 100 hp will do with many choices on that aspect.Angle,yes several things need to be corrected,but are correctable.I do need to get out there and actually DRIFT it I do understand,but must complete rollbar,2 17x9s rims and 8 tires will get me there.The car still has alot of future plans but getting out there is in fact my goal right now.This car isnt stock and hasnt been since I got it 4 years ago,it just needs a purpose and it has been chosen to drift instead of drag racing or auto crossing.We have the technology and the confidence in the car,and myself.Thanks for the input and I do appreciate it.Mike Rampani

Comment

good luck, get out there and DRIFT IT!

Comment

hey not to burst your bubble but get the car driving and get some seat time, you cant just sign up for fd and call yourself a "pro" like a lot of peopel did last year, you need to prove you got what it takes to even be allowed to register for the real formula d. irwindale like shorty after new year i think is your shot, even the best built cars dont drift themselves.

Comment

even the best built cars dont drift themselves.
                    REALLY? CR A P! THERE GOES MY PLAN FOR THIS YEAR! i guess i'm going to have to go practice..... : (

Comment

Drift Time

I wouldnt dream of calling myself a professional.I cant even scratch the surface of that yet.I agree that I need to get the car goin and get some seat time for sure,but have been having trouble with getting info on drift days.What is the cost,the rules for the car,etc...

Comment

not tryign to be mean or anything, but have you looked at driftday's site? it has all the info on it you need.

www.driftday.com

Comment

Ooopppppsseeeee!

Hey Mike thanks alot for the info it wasnt mean.I missed it,my bad!Good lookin out dog.So whats this about a camaro and sponsorship?You not driving the El-Camino for 2006?Mike Rampani

Comment

Working...
                          X