I wanna buy an Rx7 but need input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coyote
    yes, buy it.is a very good deal. dont mind what others tell you. rx7 are know for being great realiable cars, great on gas consumption and for being extremly fast.(thats why you see so many on the street ) great for yours street racing needs too.buy the rx7 and go get them tiger
    WTF?!?! "reliable???" wth?!?! its a rotary man... its only reliable if you've got the money to properly maintain one. honestly speaking, if think u can handle spending and modding on a rotary i say go for it. but if u think u can just buy the car and start modding than u've got the wrong idea. first of all you should realize that this is NOT and i repeat NOT a street racing forum. it is a drifting forum hence no underglow, no stickers of name brand parts that you cant even afford or dont have, no flashy paint job, and other etc. if your truly willing to learn about drifting then i recommend u go with the Nissan 240sx 89-94 prefered. you'll be spending just as much as the rx7. everyone has to start somwhere and seriously i bet if not all 95% (i'm exaggerating) of the people on this forum have started out with the 240. why??? Its cheap, aftermarket parts are friggin everywhere, has enough amount of power for a beginner to start drifting (DOHC), and well balanced. i say you wait on the rx7 and buy a 240 and den when your at an intermediate level you should move on to the rx7. you gotta baby steps man... noone here JUST got good at drifting, they practiced and practiced a little at a time.

Anyways sorry for the long post but start small and work ur way up! welcome to the drifting scene btw

Comment

My rx7 has pistons. lol.

Heres some advice.

Dont buy a rx7 if you dont know anything about cars.

Buy a civic if you want to street race. Because i dont want to see a rx7 on the news, because some 16 year old kid, ran over some people at the street races.

Comment

I have never had to put any extra oil in between oil changes. Though I use royal purple and always cheak for leaks. When I first got it though I had alittle leak from the oil pan and the sending unit.

Comment

Hmm thats weird. They are designed to use some oil. Is your oil metering pump working properly?

Comment

I fill it to the top ^_^ and my motorstays cool. Some oil is injected but not that much where I have to put more in.

Comment

look you can do what i did. i found someone who wanted to get rid of a 87 N/A for 200 bux. i bought it not knowing wth i was doing. (this is back when i was barely 16). i took the car and worked on it night and day learning as much as possible. i met alot of ppl through rx7club.com and some of them were nice enough to let me watch them do a rebuild so i learned alot about the motor that day. i finally put all the knowledge i had and fixed the car myself and turned it into a running vehicle. after that i sold it and bought a 87 TII for 1500. the car needed work but that was what i was looking for. once again i learned alot about it and bought a new motor for it. installed it myself and now i have a smooth running TII. since ive gotten that out of the way, in a few weeks ill be doing a Haltech EMS install w/ the help of my friend who works for haltech.

i just thought i would share my story with you so you know that its not IMpossible to do it but just know that the rotary will throw alot at you and you better be ready for it. good luck with whatever you decide on

oh and also i just turned 17 last october 05.

Comment

Originally posted by xtheenderx
                WTF?!?! "reliable???" wth?!?! its a rotary man... its only reliable if you've got the money to properly maintain one.
                LOL you didn't catch the sarcasm sign...hahah

Comment

Originally posted by xtheenderx
                  WTF?!?! "reliable???" wth?!?! its a rotary man... its only reliable if you've got the money to properly maintain one. honestly speaking, if think u can handle spending and modding on a rotary i say go for it. but if u think u can just buy the car and start modding than u've got the wrong idea. first of all you should realize that this is NOT and i repeat NOT a street racing forum. it is a drifting forum hence no underglow, no stickers of name brand parts that you cant even afford or dont have, no flashy paint job, and other etc. if your truly willing to learn about drifting then i recommend u go with the Nissan 240sx 89-94 prefered. you'll be spending just as much as the rx7. everyone has to start somwhere and seriously i bet if not all 95% (i'm exaggerating) of the people on this forum have started out with the 240. why??? Its cheap, aftermarket parts are friggin everywhere, has enough amount of power for a beginner to start drifting (DOHC), and well balanced. i say you wait on the rx7 and buy a 240 and den when your at an intermediate level you should move on to the rx7. you gotta baby steps man... noone here JUST got good at drifting, they practiced and practiced a little at a time.

Anyways sorry for the long post but start small and work ur way up! welcome to the drifting scene btw
                  yes , i was being sarcastic. see the smile at the end of my post. and i agreed with you that he should get a 240. instead of the seven.

Comment

Originally posted by RE TurboII
                    look you can do what i did. i found someone who wanted to get rid of a 87 N/A for 200 bux. i bought it not knowing wth i was doing. (this is back when i was barely 16). i took the car and worked on it night and day learning as much as possible. i met alot of ppl through rx7club.com and some of them were nice enough to let me watch them do a rebuild so i learned alot about the motor that day. i finally put all the knowledge i had and fixed the car myself and turned it into a running vehicle. after that i sold it and bought a 87 TII for 1500. the car needed work but that was what i was looking for. once again i learned alot about it and bought a new motor for it. installed it myself and now i have a smooth running TII. since ive gotten that out of the way, in a few weeks ill be doing a Haltech EMS install w/ the help of my friend who works for haltech.

i just thought i would share my story with you so you know that its not IMpossible to do it but just know that the rotary will throw alot at you and you better be ready for it. good luck with whatever you decide on

oh and also i just turned 17 last october 05.
                    nice story, i got myself a 91 NA and im in the middle of myfirst rebuild, im so anxious to get it running already and just drive, it will be slow but i guess a NA is good for begineers like me.

like you said is not impossible to do it but i think it takes a certain type of people to do it.

Comment

yeah it takes alot of patience but its worth the knowledge in the end. but guess what i bought my Haltech E6X today. cant wait for the install but seriously though to the person who wants an rx7. do what you want to do and dont let any regrets stop you

Comment

You should probably go to my forum to learn about the FC before you make any decisions. It is a safe environment for beginners with the rotary.

www.clubfc3s.com

Comment

yeah, the rx7 has too many piston problems. go with the 240sx so you wont have any pistons...ah hell, either way the cars' are not gonna run. might as well get a geo metro and save yourself the money you'd spend on "modding" a car so you can get through college.

my advice: dont get a project car as your first car, especially a rotisserie. and this is why:
                          1) you dont know how to drive
                          2) you wont get driving experience because your car will break down often
                          3) you wont have reliable transportation. anywhere. your car can break down just like that...unless you're a baller, then you have loads of money. But I'm assuming otherwise.

a little more than my two cents.

Comment

Don't get it.. You can get one for that much running just keep looking. I love these cars, remember to change bushings in the back so rear will not steer.

Comment

I think you should wait yourself. Drifting/Modding= $$$. I am a college student myself. Almost out of here too. Being an auto enthusiast is an adult thing rather then student thing. Use the money from your career to get a nice car and then start doing what you want to do with a car. Belive me, your not gonna pay driftday fees on workstudy. Belive me $8 an hour isn't gonna cut it, your gonna want foor and alcohol and a girlfriend, all of which cost money.

Comment

Working...
                              X