300zx? and burnouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300zx? and burnouts

hey, im a real noobie at drifting, but im gettin a 91 300zx sometime soon and i wanna start
    is the 300zx a good drifting car?
    and i know this isnt really about drifting, but could someone please write a comprehensive guide to doing a burnout in a MT.
    thanx, sorry bout the noobie questions

Originally posted by supaman7112
    hey, im a real noobie at drifting, but im gettin a 91 300zx sometime soon and i wanna start
    is the 300zx a good drifting car?
    and i know this isnt really about drifting, but could someone please write a comprehensive guide to doing a burnout in a MT.
    thanx, sorry bout the noobie questions

Just bring up your RPM's and drop it into gear more or less and you should get a burn out, Dont be too crazy with it cause you could damage your car. The Z Could be a drift car, I have not seen too many of them doing it..Im not exactly sure of its weight distrubution..But any RWD car that has a fairly good balance and a little torque will beable to drift. Remember, Its the driver more than the car in drifting.

Comment

a step-by step guide to ruining your tires.

1. stop the car. push the clutch in and put it in first.

2. rev the engine. get it nice and high and hold it there.

3. "side-step" the clutch. This means to move your left foot from the clutch, to the dead pedal, without lifting up. just slide it off. Keep your right foot on the gas. The clutch should "pop" or spring up off the floorboards VERY quickly. Try this while the car is off a few times. you want the release to be as abrupt as possible. dont slip the clutch at all.

4. Your tires should be spinning now. great. youre halfway there. now, use your left foot and GENTLY aplly some brake. balance it so that the car stops, but the engine revs dont drop too much.

5. Voila! your rear tires are now smoking off the rims, and youre not going anywhere.

practice. should take maybe 2-3 times to get it all right.

Comment

thanks a bunch

Comment

Doesn't the 300zx have rear steering? If so I would disable that.

Comment

Originally posted by BenR
            Doesn't the 300zx have rear steering? If so I would disable that.
            Yah it has HICAS

Comment

some have hicast..but i believe his year wouldnt...may be wrong though...disable it either way. But the 300zx has bad snap back when drifting(I know from experience), and it HEAVY. its like the supra...And if your gonna be drifting one, well power to weight the Turbo is the only way to go or else youll never hold a drift in that heavy car trust me. But maintenance on a 300zx will blow ur mind, they are expensive AND they are a biatch if you dont know whats going on already with fixing them.. And shops charge alot because it takes alot of hours to take that car apart to get things in the middle to the bottom of the motor (turbo, clutch, flywheel, etc.)

Comment

Working...
              X