No announcement yet.

How to get started in Pro Am Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get started in Pro Am Drifting?

Hey guys,

New member here and I hope some of you could answer my quesitons. What does it take to start and compete in Pro Am drifting? Besides the obvious, a car. I would like to get started, but I really don't know what I need to do first. I have done a few local "drift days", but would like to start doing it competitively.

Thanks.

Depends on where you're from and how far you are willing to travel. There's a bunch of info on here:

http://www.proamdrift.com/rules.html

Mostly you need to know these things:

-Most places have tandem events. You need a cage to tandem.
    -Most of these events are taking place during regular drift days.
    -There are other competition depending on location also. Look up U.S. Drift events, Drift Day Competition, etc.
    -I have no idea about your skill, but if you haven't competed, especially tandem, you might be in for a big shock about your abilities.

Comment

actualy the beauty of pro am is al youneed is a car, tires, helmet and some skill. cages and such arent required until the big one you have to earn your way to. and hopefully if you do earn yuor way to it, you can find a shop or something to help you out

Comment

also you need a shuit load of money and you have to be wiling to trow it all a way when you crash, read the forums and you wwill bea able to fid out everything. don't go asking stuid wquestions with out looking around.

Comment

Originally posted by sivart33
          don't go asking stuid wquestions with out looking around.
          Chill dude. There's a reason this is the n00b forum. Read the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by sivart33
            also you need a shuit load of money and you have to be wiling to trow it all a way when you crash, read the forums and you wwill bea able to fid out everything. don't go asking stuid wquestions with out looking around.
            really? didnt know it cost money to hit cones at an event........hmmmmmm

Comment

Working...
            X