No announcement yet.

Importing from japan, Good or bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing from japan, Good or bad idea?

while surfing the internet i came across a couple of sites that have JDM cars you can import to the US or europe. i know the UShas to have tons of rules and regulations on this but the cars seem to be really cheap and in good condition. has anyone done this? or know how to do this? please help.

depends on the state

I know some of the sites you are talking about and if you want the car for drifting its not to hard to import the car. Most of cars if you read the small print have salvage titles(unregistered due to the different smog laws overseas). So that means the car can get a fresh start here(it will still have a savaged title and be deregistered from the place of orgin). Its a matter of goin through i think epa check, Highway patrol inspections, safety inspection, dmv inspections, and smog ref. Also, depends on state to state and prices may vary. If you just going to drift the ride or race it its more easier and less expensive to register/title the car in usa, but it will have an offroad OHV title.

Comment

for the usa it's probably more of a pain than the payoff is worth

just build a car that was made for here

Comment

Working...
      X