Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob asking for advice!

Alrighty, a little background:
    I am a 19 year old kid in college and have had no experience in what I would call "real drifting". About the only thing I have done which could be considered anything remotely close would be going out in my old beater in snow storms and sliding sideways down the street and around corners for kicks. On that note I do have a considerable amount of time and experience in driving but have been without my beater for a few years now and am looking to get something new.

Was wondering if people could give me some suggestions on a good car that would not burn a total hole in my pocket (college bills are a top priority most of the time) but would still be fun, reliable, and some place to start.

I'm a fan of hatchbacks and really like the Toyota ae86 series.
    but getting an unmolested 86 in my price range which is a hatch is not very probable. I was considering maybe settling with one which wasn't a hatch, any suggestions either way?

Thanks
    Car noob!
    Last edited by new2cars; 02-20-2007, 03:48 PM.

Well, I'm no drift pro or anything, but honestly I'd say just about any FR pushing about 150+ hp stock will do you pretty good. I got lucky and came across a 300ZX for 400 bucks; the cosmetics are, okay but I gotta admit, I love taking this thing through corners. But yeah, I'd say anything from the FR Nissan family, or if you can find one for cheap, a Supra..but I really don't see it happening for anything less than 3K, but hey you never know...maybe scour junkyards for two cars that match, and if one has the title, you can just switch the parts over and upgrade from there.

Comment

another one of these....jesus....rx-7 of different years, 240's, corolla, miata, sc300, 300zx, supra, is300, basically and rwd car...your broke so u cant be picky just get something drift it wreck it drive it

Comment

Originally posted by s13/350z View Post
        another one of these....jesus....rx-7 of different years, 240's, corolla, miata, sc300, 300zx, supra, is300, basically and rwd car...your broke so u cant be picky just get something drift it wreck it drive it
        LOL. Ditto.

Comment

supercharged crown vic FTW!

Comment

Working...
          X