Started drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started drifting

Ill start with a little about me and how i got my current car.

I am not really new to racing but i am probably one of the most unexperienced drifters you will meet. Anyway, since i was a kid i was karting and dirt bike racing. Once i turned 16 and could get my license i got my first car a mini cooper S sadly it spent 165 days of its first year in the shop due to electrical issues the car was lemonized a few months later. Then i purchased my second car which was a z4 3.0 as nice as it looked the car spent most of its 6 months of owning it in the shop and was lemonized as well. BMW for the suck!

After all this i was stuck and couldn't find anything i liked that was new so i looked at a used cars. I went to one used car lot and found a yellow 2002 Chevy Corvette Z06 for 30k with only 8k miles on it. The car was in show room condition. I drove off the lot not an hour later. I have had this car for about a year now and have been drag racing it at the local track. I already have a date set aside to go for my SCCA competition license and just today i received my information packet.

Moving on at the beginning of the year i started to get into modifying my car mostly just to have the fastest car on the strip but then i watched a few shows on tv that had a drifting event going on. I was so impressed by the amount of skill needed to drift that i started to get into it. Since then i have been really just messing around in different areas just to practice but nothing serious. By joining this forums i hope to get a better understanding of the sport as well as learn from other drivers.

The car i will be using is of course the Z06 heres a list of things i added and changed:

Performance:
    Vararam Air intake
    SLP loudmouth exhaust system
    Hurts short throw shifter
    Nitto 555r 305 tires
    baer brake kit
    Shifting system eliminator (c5s have a system that forces you to shift to fourth from first when your not hard on the gas)

Visual/ MISC
    Rockford fosgate 1000 rms amp
    Hifonics brutus 12"" sub in custom encloser
    HRE 540 series: (18/10" front and 18/11" back) on order
    Last edited by Streety2k; 08-27-2007, 07:57 PM.

Hey! Awesome.

I actually just got a 2003 Corvette Z06 about a week ago. I'm just getting used to it now but I plan on learning the stuff at some point. Just wanted to give you a hello because we're sorta in the same boat (minus 1 year). I'd love to hear how things go for you since I'm a n00b myself.

Anyway GL to you

Comment

Well I went through a set of tires in about a month which werent cheap either. My current set is at the threads also. However, I do think it is a sport worth getting into still. Regardless of the price its still fun and I have a long way to go.

StephenTC good luck to you with the vette. The best way I found to get used to the power is driving it at the track. Once you get used to it its easy to get into a slide. Still, you do not want to use the e-brake talk with several people about the e-brakes on the vettes and I forgot what they called it but its not made to able to do that.

Comment

Working...
      X