Best Car for Tall Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Car for Tall Driver

I am wanting to build a drift car. I am 6'5". I like the 240. Can I fit? My budget is about $10K. I want to build something like a 1990 240. What is the best car to get that has easy to get drifiting parts that I can fit?

-onegroove

should be able to fit, just go test drive one and find out its not too hard to find them. I know someone your size driving a miata but of course he has the top down all the time. Just go try whatever you like and if you wont fit then oh well.

Comment

Bucket seat and lower rails you can fit in almost anything

JR is like 6'3" and big as a viking and he can fit in a 240

Fors is about 6'1" and gets in just about anything

Ben Schwartz is also another tall bastard who gets into 240s all the time, and even the saturn sky

Alex P is a long lanky fella, and drove a ae86 for a long time and even a S2k

Comment

i'm 6'4" and i can't fit into a 240 with stock seat and a helmet on. I can fit just fine with a racing seat mounted on the floor with my helmet on.

Comment

Ah the advantages of being vertically challanged. You could drive a miata, but I recommend against it. My brother had one and any time he gave his 6'-5" buddy a ride, the poor guy would get out of the car all twisted up.

Depending on how much work you plan on doing to the car, the 240 is a great option. If you plan on swapping out the seats, it will lower it and give you the option to move it back if your legs are too long. A recommendation, go with a '91 and newer. There's nothing wrong with the '89-'90 other than having the single cam motor. There's just more available for the other one.

If you want to go older yet, the 240z-300zx are a decent choice. The 240z-280z seem cramped on the inside, but have enough room for a larger person to get into. The 280zx-300zx were more comfort oriented, meaning they should have more room than the others.

If you want to go Toyota, the AE86 Corolla is shockingly roomy. The car was meant to be driven, not raced so they made it a bit more comfortable.

Good luck with what you choose.

Comment

I know imports are more popular in this sport and some people hate domestics with a passion, but you could also always go American. There's a huge aftermarket (though not "drift specific", performance suspension parts are all over) for Camaro's and Mustangs and I've always found them to be more comfortable inside than any of the Imports I've driven (I'm 6'1").

Comment

el camino, TON of headroom.

Comment

Working...
              X