No announcement yet.

The "Will a <Insert Car> Work?" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I largely agree with the initial post, but I'd beg to differ a little bit...

IMHO, here is what you need for a well setup drift car:
    1 - Fix what's broken (TC Rods, Leaky PS rack, Overheating, Drivetrain layout, auto to 5-speed etc)
    2 - Coilovers
    3 - Racing Seat
    4 - LSD
    5 - Tires, Gas, Maintenence, Practice, repeat

Anything else is just icing on the cake.

You DON'T need:
    Lots of power
    Lots of steering angle
    Hydraulic Ebrake
    "Wheel fitment"
    Short shifter
    Drift button
    Harness
    Cage
    Carbon fiber anything

Coilovers are available for just about anything - If you can get Koni Yellows for it, you can build coilovers for it.

I'd also like to rephrase "good aftermarket support" into "readily available replacement parts". I think the justification is obvious.

Comment

When it comes to setup, I completely agree.

My point with the OP, however, was not so much dealing with a car's setup as much as the endless amount of posts regarding what make/model of car you can drift. There are way too many posts (here and on other sites) that start with "Can I drift a Civic/Integra/Prelude?"

Your part about the aftermarket support makes sense, though. I'll work that in.

Comment

Love the list, I am looking into purchasing a project/drift car so I can get a bit more extreme.

Currently I drive an 07 C230 Sport Sedan... I can drift it pretty well, but anything faster then 45-50 mph drifts scare the crap out of me.... too much could make me lose my car.

What do you guys think of the Datsuns?

Comment

Hey everyone. I mayb be a newbie, but I ran across something that may be benficial to this thread. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...drive_vehicles
          It's pretty long, but you could leave it as a link and it's no prob. It might just help to weed out some of the "Will my Civic/Neon/FF whatever Drift" threads. Thanks for this thread BTW. It should be stickied.

Jon

Comment

Working...
          X