ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'02 impreza 2.5rs, awd...but i want to slide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '02 impreza 2.5rs, awd...but i want to slide!

Hey, I'm new here, tight site and I like the info on here. So I'm 18, and have a 2002 Impreza 2.5rs. The car is stock except for a JIC catback on the way, it doesnt have alot of power but enough to make me smile(sometimes). I am deadset to get involved in drifting someway or another, so I have a few questions:
    1) Is it worth my time to balance my car and insurance payments and try converting the car to rwd, also, are there any trannies that will work with subie motors that i can use rather than doing the welded center diff, etc etc stuff.
    2) I have slid my car around on gravel and in wet parking lots, and a few times on the road like a re. until i almost destroyed my car, so are there ANY tracks, events, etc in the md, dc, va, pa, de region that I can go to and start sliding or even watch to learn some actuall skills?

Oh and i work part time now because of college, fulltime in the summer, so I don't have much cash to work with either.
    Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance!

Well, first thing I'm going to tell you is you probably don't have enough money to do this. Don't take this as an insult, it's just the impreza's that you see at the D1 have more money than most of us will ever see in our life times put into them. There is a ton of fabrication that was required to build those cars and none of that is cheap.

Second, why would you want to change something as beautiful as the 4WD impreza. My suggestion is if you want to keep that car and get your jollies, get into rally and auto cross. The Impreza is one of the best in the world for those, and you can drift the hell out of it in rally circuts.

If you're set on getting into drifting and even trying to compete, I myself would suggest replacing your Subaru with a RWD car. For the price you can sell the Impreza for you can buy a damn good 240sx, RX7 or even get into a lexus if you want something newer.

I can't help you with track stuff though, I kindo live on the wrong coast to help you out.

Comment

haha yea I know it would require alot of cash to set up an impreza, it is definately out of reach in terms of my budget. I'm just kinda hanging on to the car at the moment because school is ruling my life now unfortunately, plus it's fun as hell to drive, but not as fun as the rwd cars I've driven before.

Comment

Working...
      X