help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

hi i have a 99 concorde (ff 250hp 245lbt) and no matter what i do i cant over steer it (no handbrake **** u chrylser)
    help?
    tips?

those are front wheel drive cars. To be drifting you will need a rear wheel drive car like a 240 or something.

Comment

Yeah, a FWD car without a handbrake is going to be more or less impossible to drift, regardless of how much horsepower you have. I'm sure there's people out there who can, but it's a ton easier in a RWD car.

Like Giggle said, find yourself a 240 or Miata to abuse. You can find them for pretty cheap if you look in the right places.

Comment

There are a lot of ways to get a front wheel drive car sideways, but most of them are WAAYYY too dangerous to try. The only real predictable way is a mixture of heavy feint manuevers and e-braking.

I suggest doing waht gigglesnirt said and getting into a RWD if you want to learn to drift. Much easier and much safer.

I would also suggest lf you haven't done so already, getting some track time before you start trying to drift. It'll teach you extremely important fundamentals and get you used to the vehicle you are driving and how it handles.

Comment

I know a couple guys that drift in Ford Focus's in a local parking lot after hours with the owners permission. To get the focus to drift they have to put it on cookie sheets and then whip it around using a feint technique. It's pretty hokie as far as drifting goes, but seeing the sparks is kinda cool. This has to be the most redneck/jackass thing I've seen people try to drift doing, but hey if you want to get a FF slideways then you have to be creative.

I would suggest picking up a rwd car and an SCCA membership so you can attend the track events if your stateside.

Comment

Working...
          X