My first Drifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Drifter

so, ive been interested in drifting for a while now, but i never got into it for 2 reasons, the first being i wanted to improve my driving skill before i tried anything (im only 17, havent had the licence that long), and ive never had anything thats RWD.

so anyway, just the other day i acquired a 1994 black toyota pickup, with the 22R-E 2.4L 4-cyl. in it. i dont plan on doing any major upgrades anytime soon, because i want to learn the truck stock first and get my skill up, but i was wondering if anyone had any specific suggestions of what to do to this truck down the road. i know the basic things, upgrade suspension, and ill do a few things to get more power out of it, but if anyone had a specific part to recommend or idea, that would be cool.

you should pick up a tight LSD or weld the rear end, thatll help a lot..

you sound serious about learning, so just make sure you get your practice in on the track!

Comment

oh yeah, forgot about the all important LSD

and one more thing, does anyone know of a video guide or something similar on replacing rear leaf springs with shocks/coilovers? right now the rear end has 3 leafs on each side, and its insanely soft, i can bottom it out by standing on the rear bumper and bouncing up and down >.>

i only ask because there arent any bolt-on points for shocks in the rear

Comment

Originally posted by gamerndm View Post
        oh yeah, forgot about the all important LSD

and one more thing, does anyone know of a video guide or something similar on replacing rear leaf springs with shocks/coilovers? right now the rear end has 3 leafs on each side, and its insanely soft, i can bottom it out by standing on the rear bumper and bouncing up and down >.>

i only ask because there arent any bolt-on points for shocks in the rear
        Well, this might sound crazy, but ask some offroading clubs as well, they might know more about upgrading Toyota trucks then anyone on here, or just trucks in general. I think you may have to either do some welding or replace the leaf springs. Either way it doesn't sound easy, but nothing worth doing is ever easy anyway. ^_^

Comment

Working...
        X