To feint or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To feint or not?

Hi guys, just wondering what are the mechanics of feinting and isit a beginner move? if possible can you exploain in detail?

thk u

If you watch the pros, you'll see a lot of drivers, even at D1 and Formula D level, use Feints to initiate. It's just one of many ways to get a car sideways. Which one they use will be largely dependant on the drivers style, the car, the turn and other factors. Some techniques are easier than others, but I don't believe that any of them are "beginner" techniques. Each one is a tool for a specific purpose.

Basically, a feint is just turning the car to the outside of the turn and then throwing it back to the inside really hard. This puts more momentum and force on the tires than they can handle, setting the car into a slide.

If you saw the ESPN coverage of the Formula D event at Infineon, Bill Sherman was using really heavy feints to initiate. It's a good example of how the whole thing works. You might be able to find it on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by highflyers View Post
      Hi guys, just wondering what are the mechanics of feinting and isit a beginner move? if possible can you exploain in detail?

thk u
      you won't really need to bother with it too much until later

if you still have a stock car you might want to try it but remember being smooth is key, too violent and your car will want to understeer

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post
        you won't really need to bother with it too much until later

if you still have a stock car you might want to try it but remember being smooth is key, too violent and your car will want to understeer
        And flip over if you go too fast, if its high off the ground ^_^

Dont Feint SUVs, trust me on this, just don't.

Comment

did you see richard hammond flipping the suzuki supercarry in the van test episode of top gear??? that was some funny S

Comment

lol i saw that it was classic.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantian View Post
              did you see richard hammond flipping the suzuki supercarry in the van test episode of top gear??? that was some funny S
              No I haven't, I have to youtube all that stuff since I have no TV right now...

Sounds funny as hell though XD

Comment

Working...
              X