Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feinting an AUTO?

Hi Guys

I am driving a peugeot 206cc auto and i watch this guy at UTUBE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTgXI...eature=related) at 5:10actually drift without any brake or ebrake application. My question is ;

a) at what speed is recommend?>
    b) can i install LSD into auto?
    c) is the last stunt as easy as whta he describe or there is something i dun noe

pls enlighten

thk u

That guy's really creepy if you watch it on mute.

1) The Feint/Scandanavian Flick is just about weight transfer. It really has very little to do with the transmission, so doing it in an automatic is the same as doing it with a manual.

2) Start slow, then speed up as needed. It's better to try at 10 mph and find you weren't going fast enough than to do it at 70 mph and hit a person/car/wall.

3) In most rear wheel drive cars the differential and the transmission are two totally seperate pieces so whether or not you have a manual or automatic has nothing to do with the differential. However, FWD cars (and the occasional rear drive) use a transaxle, bringing the transmission and the differential all into one piece. I don't know for sure, but I would assume that whether or not you can install an LSD (or similar purpose device) is largely dependant on your car's make and model.

4) Yeah, that's about all there is to it. The problem is that it will take some practice to get the car to actually do what you want. Turn too hard and you may find yourself understeering. Don't do it hard enough and it won't do anything. Timing and smooth execution is the key.

Above all, make sure that your practicing in a safe environment, free from the risk of damaging a person or personal property should something not go as planned. He looked to be at either an air field or test track of some sort, which is perfect.

Comment

Working...
    X