New to drifting:350z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to drifting:350z

I've been relatively interested in this sport for a while now, and now that I've acquired a 350z(no lsd) I was wondering what the best way to get involved is.

I'm located in NE Ohio btw.

My bad. After reading a couple more threads in addition to the ones I read before posting, I have discovered that interaction and practice is key.

My next question is: where can I do it up here?
    Last edited by Silverwolf; 12-21-2007, 02:43 PM.

I think Soultron used to live in Ohio (emphasis on think), maybe he knows of some happenings in that area.

Comment

http://www.outbrakemotorsports.com/

Comment

Thank you for the info. I was kinda hoping it *wouldn't* be over $100 a day, lol.

Would I have to check with my dealership, or does anyone know of an lsd that won't void any of my warranties besides the Nismo one?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverwolf View Post
          Thank you for the info. I was kinda hoping it *wouldn't* be over $100 a day, lol.

Would I have to check with my dealership, or does anyone know of an lsd that won't void any of my warranties besides the Nismo one?
          TBH, I am pretty sure drifting is going to void your warranty anyway. Drifting puts a lot of stress on various parts of the car that generally don't see that kind of stress that often. I am pretty sure ANY motorsports is likely to void a warranty. I might be wrong though...

Comment

SHHHH! What Nissan doesn't know won't hurt me

Anyway, the service guy there likes me. As long as the car doesn't have numbers on it, I'm good

Comment

dammm

Whats Up Yall New 2da Site and New 2Drifting and Now my trannie is slippin and this thread iz making me feel like they may void my warrenty I would not care if I was Home cause i was gonna upgrade it anyway but im outta town dayymm

Comment

I am not sure what other people have said but if they have told you your z isnt a good drift car they are retarded. I have driven many stock z's with vlsd and they are amazing. I would throw a clutch type lsd in there and rock it completly stock. Good power great balance. amazing chassis for learning in. So easy to drive.

Comment

Yeah, you're fine for a while with the stock viscous l.s.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat View Post
                    I think Soultron used to live in Ohio (emphasis on think), maybe he knows of some happenings in that area.
                    I used to (why do you know that? hmmm??). Best bet is to try Beaverrun in PA. It's not super far, and the area for drifting is a huge open lot with nothing to hit. $30- 50 a pop I think.

http://www.beaverun.com/

There's always a chance they might not run a drifting practice (every year), keep your eyes on the site or contact someone there.

here's a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZcqY4Wm5uw

Comment

first get my coilovers listed in my forsale post and then visit your local track,dont forget to bring a helmet and good luck> drifting rocks!

Comment

Working...
                      X