Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota COrolla

Hi guys,

I am just wondering which model of cars other than the usual silvia and AE86 are drift cars. What about the asian Toyota corolla 1.6cc. ?

Just helping a friend to enquire. Coz we have a cheap buy in our countryritgh now
    Thanks

you have to give us more to work with than an engine displacement

a year, a picture..

if it's RWD you can make it a drift car

Comment

yeah rwd= DRIFTO!!!!!! most early and late model 80 toyotas are rwd.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpnx8 View Post
        yeah rwd= DRIFTO!!!!!! most early and late model 80 toyotas are rwd.
        to elaborate...

corollas were ALL fwd in 1988

Comment

Cfrost mentor

hi Cfrost,

I need to consult you on someting. How do u exactly get in to sideways or drift mode way before a corner or a U? Those D1 drivers are like drifting straight not curve. that puzzles me coz i troed and noway i went straight.

Pls advice

Comment

the only way to get a car t go straight and keep the angle is to haveebough speed to use the ebrake, which will significantly kil the car's speed.

you'll see it most commonly used to "extend" extend a drift when cming in too shallow on a corner--extending the arch of the drift

don't worry about it too much yet--wait til you have the basics down

Comment

Reply to cfrost

Thanks alot cfrost. I appreciate the prompt response. I am currently trying to extend the dration of my drifts. I find it harder on 90 deg then a 180 or J turns. TO drag a drift on a right angle is really tough. I am currently using clutch kick method. Any comments to improve?

thk u

Comment

it sounds like you just need to driftwith less angle, save extendingw/ ebrake for later--think of that as more of a fine tuning technique.

just practice lower angle

Comment

Working...
                X