ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help to decide a car (240, rx7, integra .ect)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help to decide a car (240, rx7, integra .ect)

hey everyone im 15 right now soon to be 16 and i have always been a fan of drifting and im tired of just watching these events and riding with my friends while they do it (even though its still really fun) and im about ready to go out there and start it myself. what i needed help with is some advice for a car to get. i was thinking about a z32 but then someone told me that some part on it was crap but i dont seem to recall what it was. now im looking at a 240 or an Rx-7. anyone who can give me some advice on which to pick or if there is a better car for someone my age and around what year to get that would be great. Thanks!
    Last edited by ドリフトキング; 01-10-2008, 12:20 AM.

240 would be better for a beginner (more reliable)

take good care of it and have fun

Comment

alright kool. thats what i was thinking. but where would be a good idea to get a car like that. honestly i dont mind a junker. i just really wanna be able to drift. thats mostly what matters right?

Comment

ebaymotors.com, autotrader.com, craigslist, the local newspaper, for sale threads in forums like drifting.com, driftcentral.com, ziptied.com, zilvia.com, nico.com

Comment

Learn to drive first. Seriously.

Comment

oh i know how to drive thats no problem. kinda been driving since i was around 12. but thanks for the advice

Comment

it matters on the style you like

in my opinion the rx-7 is better cuz the integra is for regular racing and the 240 is well kinda like the rx-7 but it matters on what u want the performance to be. its whether you like accel and speed drifting (240) or a balanced drift (rx-7)

Comment

Originally posted by dizzdrifter View Post
                in my opinion the rx-7 is better cuz the integra is for regular racing and the 240 is well kinda like the rx-7 but it matters on what u want the performance to be. its whether you like accel and speed drifting (240) or a balanced drift (rx-7)
                So you're saying 240's don't give a balanced drift? What's your definition of a balanced drift?

Comment

RX-7 is better for grip. It's also easier to spin out if you don't know what you are doing when you go to drift it for the first time.

If you want to start out with a car that is easier to drift get the 240SX.

You can't drift the Integra unless you are playing NFSU.

Comment

Both the 240/Silvia platform and the FC3S RX-7 are great starter cars for a drifter. For a beginner, I'd recommend the cheap and user-friendly 240. Parts are everywhere, and if you want to do something to the car it's probably already been done, with an internet tutorial out there somewhere. Heavier, long-wheelbase cars are easier to sustain a drift in, but initiating the drift is easier in a light, short-wheelbase car. There are exceptions to this rule, of course. The AE86 Corolla has handling characteristics almost identical to my Lexus SC300, which is about 1100lb heavier and nearly a foot-and-a-half longer. The reason? Weight distribution. Ideally you want as close to 50/50 as possible, but up to 60/40 with a frontal bias is acceptable.

Comment

The problem with the Z32 is that the VG30DETT is difficult to source parts for, and can't hold nearly as much power as most of its contemporary counterparts. Also, the wide track of the Z32, along with its meaty rear tires, make for great grip driving, but not such great sliding. That's why the only Zs you'll usually see on the drift circuit are heavily modified Z33s and the occasional junker Z31.

Comment

I own an FC3S Rx-7 and paid 6000 for it and it has now has 48,xxx original miles. I'm 17 and it's my every day car and I take it to a track about once a month. I havent had any trouble with it besides replacing a headlight and windshield wipers. In short, save your money find something that's reliable, even if you have to go out of state for it (I traveled to Florida, to find mine and I live in Pennsylvania). Cause that way you can spend more time driving then fixing it up. Good luck with your search and have fun drifting.

Comment

Working...
                        X