New to drifting looking for a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to drifting looking for a car

Sup all I have been interested in drifting for some time now. My 3kgt recently broke beyond what i want to repair, sooo I thought of this as an oportunity to get a new cr that was better suited for drifting. I have been looking at cars in my area for a while now and I have found a couple rx-7s, both 88, and a supra, 87. The supra is actually a lot closer to home and I was really considering that one, but I was wondering how well supras work as drift cars. I have heard all the rave reviews of rx-7s as drift cars sooo I am pretty sure those are good choises but both are a little farther then where I live, and thus harder for me to get to, without a car.

forgot to mention that there are a couple miata's in my area, buuut I have never been a huge fan of convertibles. I might be a little agrophobic or something, but something about the oppen top has always bugged me a little. funny thing is I love T-tops and sunroofs. the supra is a t top to

Comment

Most cars you mentioned are all drift cars. Its all about the pockets . Its easy to buy a good expensive drift car but hard to maintain. If you just started out drifting you may wana consider cars with many available parts coz drifting will wear and definitely tear your parts and most times you may not wana replace your 1st hand parts.

Supra and rx7 are famous for their torque but kansei drifting would come much later coz high speed drifitng is dangerous. In my country, their deemed to be expensive.
      Miatas are tail spin happy but I don't like their suspension profile let alone their CG.
      To me A good starter car is S13 to S15 or if you are the retro kind, AE86.

Just my 2cts worth

Comment

Working...
      X