s13, FC comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mranlet View Post
    Well, drifting isn't cheap. Perhaps you may want to hold off until your finances change a bit...
    Amen to that. Find out how much a drift event will cost you (fees, tires, tools, lodging, etc) and see if you can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet View Post
      Well, drifting isn't cheap. Perhaps you may want to hold off until your finances change a bit...

Well, I'm 15 so thats gonna be awhile.

I'm not waiting that long. Maybe I'll try gettin' a job this summer!

I know anything motorsports costs a lot, but I think I'll be able to swing it and have a decent drift car. The good news is that I at least have a daily no matter what, its a 1990 Subaru Legacy (FWD). It gets 32 mpg and its a winter tank (despite the lack of AWD) and my dad gave it to me for free so I'm happy.

Comment

well, when you do start looking for a car, go to autotrader or craigslist or something like that. I have seen many decent condition 240's for under $2000 on there. (sadly i've never been in the position to buy one. :'(. but one day...)
        good luck.

Comment

Yeah, I've been lookin' in Autotrader, Craigslist, and Bargain news for awhile, but so far I've had no luck.

Its okay though, because I won't actually have all the money for until August or so, so the search continues!

Comment

why not test drive an fc and s13 to see which suits you best, before buying?

Comment

FC are nicer then silvias. In my opinion its one of the best drifters the problem is the motor. If you get be ready to pour money in it. The cooling of rotaries is poor the over heat sometimes. As the first car silvia s13 is a great car its gonna be cheaper in up keep and maitenance I believe mods go on about same price and s13 will be cheaperinsurance wise too.

Also just on a side note u can check out bmw. E30 or e36 will do great on track its more expensive to mod if you want real good stuff but they are fun little cars. My friend put about 2k$ in his e30 and it was a zippy car and great sideways he got that car for 600$ or so put 2$ grand in it and did all work hi self and I'd was great.

Comment

Working...
              X