Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres width

Hi guys,
    I am running a stock s13 CA18 engine and been running rear 17"215. Today I chg to 17"225. I cld hardly inititiate any drifts. pls advice coz I dun see why increase by 1 size makes so much difference in initiation and grip

thku

you should be able to drive fine on those, just push the car harder and clutch kick a little bigger

also try running higher PSI in the rear tires, 40-55

Comment

Also, did you change to a better tire? I went from some junk tires on the rear to some Falken RT-615's on a stock KA and couldn't initiate for my life.

Comment

thats one of the biggest mistakes people with lower hp make,

they get wider tires or go with a better griping compound tire....

you dont have much HP, its going to be hard to break traction

use crappy tires, and maybe run 15s instead of 17s

a lot more fun and save lots more money

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
          thats one of the biggest mistakes people with lower hp make,

they get wider tires or go with a better griping compound tire....

you dont have much HP, its going to be hard to break traction

use crappy tires, and maybe run 15s instead of 17s

a lot more fun and save lots more money
          actually THAT'S a mistake people with lower horsepower make

get all the grip you can because spinning 15" all seasons is going to get you the slowest drift possible

with that lack of hp you have to keep up the speed with a good grippy tire

Comment

thks guys i will jus wear these current 225 out then chg back 215. Sometimes street drifting is better for easy initiation but not too wide a angle.. Coz clutch kicking too hard sometimes is hard to approximate the magnitude of a drift, and countersteering is sometimes too late

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post
              actually THAT'S a mistake people with lower horsepower make

get all the grip you can because spinning 15" all seasons is going to get you the slowest drift possible

with that lack of hp you have to keep up the speed with a good grippy tire
              I agree. Although I'm cheap, running crappy 15s started to get boring because I was actually spinning out more. It's not bad to do at first, but you can't progress after awhile. Using a decent width 16 made things easier and more fun.

245s soon for me? Heck no, what do I look like, Cfrost?

Comment

225-50-15s on my 110hp 3000lb car works great. Keep the speed up and allow yourself to be aggressive on it. A grippier tire will be more forgiving if you get yourself into trouble as well.

Comment

Are Falken Ziex 512's any good for drifting? I've heard the sidewall is too soft.

Comment

they work

all this tire stuff stuff is relative.. what car you're running, how much power, etc

Comment

Originally posted by DriftAlliance View Post
                      Are Falken Ziex 512's any good for drifting? I've heard the sidewall is too soft.

ran those 195-50-15s

Megan coilovers

-1 camber if I can remember, with all out caster on the miata

worked very well for grip and just tweaked with the camber for drifting, worked out well on that also

i still say it had a little too much grip, then again its a miata i was driving

and never got a chance to drift on a hot surface.

Comment

They are good for autocross or street drifting, but when they warm up they get a little greasy. The compond of the 912s is a little more durable.

Comment

Working...
                        X