Turbo/No Turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo/No Turbo?

Hey everyone, I was wondering, do 240SX's come with turbo's stock or not? A friend wants to trade his 89 240SX blacktop for my 300ZX TT and he says it comes with a turbo, did someone previously install it or do they come that way is what I want to know.

they didn't come with turbos stock

but, if your friend has a blacktop SR20, then it has a turbo motor, yes.

Comment

What do you mean? Blacktops come with turbo? If so, the 240's don't come with blacktops then?

Comment

cfrost is saying that if your friend says he has a "240sx w/a blacktop" he probably means he swapped in a SR20DET from 1994–1998 S13 180SX's (Japan-Only Car) into his 240sx.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sr20det

The 240sx never had a turbo engine come from the factory.

Comment

O ok, so are these cars with the swaps good for Drifting? Also if I were to trade his car for mine, what should be my asking price on top of the trade? Or would a 300 for a swapped 240 be good as is?

Comment

He tells me that his mods are as follows, would it be a good trade without getting money involved at all or is my car worth more:

89 S13/240SX COUPE with silvia front end

Koyo radiator
            s14 interior
            3" rsr exhaust
            hks actuator
            watanabe rims (purple)
            Apexi drift coilovers
            stage 2 exedy clutch

Comment

Originally posted by hacyec View Post
              He tells me that his mods are as follows, would it be a good trade without getting money involved at all or is my car worth more:

89 S13/240SX COUPE with silvia front end

Koyo radiator
              s14 interior
              3" rsr exhaust
              hks actuator
              watanabe rims (purple)
              Apexi drift coilovers
              stage 2 exedy clutch
              thats a decent list of parts

does your 300zx have performance parts on it

the 300 is straight for drifting if u are looking for a drift car i mean there heavy but its a TT so it has hp potential to make up for it

Comment

The Z has a (new) factory Clutch and Flywheel (less then a month of use)

Borla exhaust, JWT popcharge, lowered, and that is pretty much it......i installed some chrome piping but thats not really performance lol

So its a good trade as it is? His has no stereo, cracked dash (whats up with that and 240's?), no air conditioning......but those are the only real complaints, also has a HKS SSQ BOV installed, i love the sound of it.

I'm telling him im keeping the stereo if we trade lol

Comment

Originally posted by hacyec View Post
                  The Z has a (new) factory Clutch and Flywheel (less then a month of use)

Borla exhaust, JWT popcharge, lowered, and that is pretty much it......i installed some chrome piping but thats not really performance lol

So its a good trade as it is? His has no stereo, cracked dash (whats up with that and 240's?), no air conditioning......but those are the only real complaints, also has a HKS SSQ BOV installed, i love the sound of it.

I'm telling him im keeping the stereo if we trade lol

Well matched up it sounds like somewhat a deal..except for finding a new dash and installing a AC...

but i like to be different i would stick to the 300zx

Comment

Yeah, I keep standing in front of the Z after going to the store or whatever and just admiring how she looks

There is just something about that body, in the sun, all shiny lol

how much do swapped cars go for btw? I like the fact that his car is at least a 4 seater and that it's (much) less noisy. What I don't like about the last gen Z's is their annoyingly loud exhaust, not like the current gen Z's which sound so nice with that deep growl

Comment

Working...
                    X