91 240sx no engine, worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 240sx no engine, worth it?

Hey guys, just curious if I would be buying a headache for my first drifter. The car originally had a single cam, cant think of the motor number of the top of my head. Everything is clean on in except the missing motor. Would this be too overwhelming a project and pricey?

I don't need a full blown race car just something to learn the art and practice in, which could turn into something greater when I get the basics down having a nice platform like the 240sx to build off of. He is selling the car as is for 300 dollars, so seems like a deal.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

get a car that you can drive away when you buy it, it's REALLY REALLY not worth the headache of doing all that stuff yourself

Comment

Well if he still has the wires uncut, then you're basically set for a motor right away. You would probably have to find a couple of parts to finish off the install, but I think it'll be worth it. If you're a person who loves fixing up cars then this would be perfect for you. You could find a decent ka24de for about 400-500. If this car has a tranny even better. Good to have it checked. That's my opinion. I just would want to make the car my own, so I would do a lot of work myself. If you're gonna do it, call up some friends, get some food, and do some research and then go for the install of the engine.

Comment

are you sure the motor was a single cam(ka24e)? because they only had those in the 89-90 240sx the 91-94 had the twin cam ka24de any way back to your question, yes get the car all you have to do is buy a stock motor and if the previous owner put a single cam in the car get another single came because recardless of what specs say stock for stock a single cam ka is faster than a dual cam and cheaper and they are great if you want to go ka-t.
        theres my .02 cents

Comment

It always amazes me on how much people know about specific engine models. I know cars, but I don't know engines.

Comment

Working...
          X