'85 Corvette. Does it have potential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '85 Corvette. Does it have potential?

Well since I've come to the realization that I will not fit in a 240sx, my search has continued on for a cheap RWD car that I can fit in.

So I found an 85 corvette and I was initially excited, but I began to have my doubts. How many after market parts dot hey make for an 85 vette? I guess the most I'm worried about are suspension parts.

What do you guys think?

c4 vette's are really cool cars for cheap performance. theres a ton of aftermarket for the drivetrain, the rear ends are unbreakable almost, other than overcoming the lack of steering angle it'd make a cool drift car.

Comment

That's right about the C5. This Vette, however, is a Stingray. It'll likely be heavier... as long is your weight distribution is decent (around the 50/50-60/40 range) you should be fine.

Comment

Also, GM's ancient pushrod V8s' powerbands are right in the middle of their quite narrow powerband, a setup that's great for spirited street driving or drag racing, but not conducive to an effective drift.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate it.

Yea steering angle was a main concern for me. So right now I'm thinkin' I'll stick with my 240.

Comment

Working...
          X