What is a good starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good starter

What would anyone recommend for a good car to start off in..

I want something that if I eat a wall acouple of times I get quite p@st off then if I was in like 300z or supra

any suggestions would be great
    thanks
    J

240sx

new bumpers cost like 1bill? lol

Comment

RE: A good starter

Nissan 300ZX, it's cheap to find, and less popular and pushes a 3 liter V6, the VG30E I think it's called, and it also comes turbo, but I'd say the NA model if you're new so the turbo kicking in during a corner doesn't mess with you. Plus, it's a 3100 lb car, so you're relatively safe if you plow into a wall, I did a 360 in mine on a dirt road and smashed into a wall of trees before spinning another 90 degrees, and the worse thing that happened was all the crap I had in the back shifted around and my car died (had a bad alternator, flywheel, and starter; a nightmare to get going in the first place) Also, if you go with a 300ZX, I'd recommend grabbing the 3.3 liter V6, that's what I was using and it was awesome, it was also JDM though, but it was pretty sweet.

Comment

I would love a 300 but I'm finding that there hard to find... apparently people that have them love them.. but wont share the love..

:-)

Comment

240 SX, you can still find them for pretty cheap (I've had my eye on one in Auto Trader with a new motor and a 5 speed for $1600 for a while now) and they require very little to be good drift cars. There's a reason they're the most popular drift car.

Comment

Can't find a 300ZX? They're all over the place here in AR, I've seen a dozen of them going for under a grand, needing simple things, basically part time project cars. Had I known someone actually liked 300ZXs, I'd have held onto mine longer; it was a bit of a beater, but that 3.3L engine was smooth on the highway, I could easily hit 80 from the dirt road before my house,
            and my shifting skills SUCKED then, probably still do...

Comment

Both platforms are RWD so that's a good start lol. They're both pretty heavy, compared to 240s 86s and FCs. But an old MKIII Supra wouldn't be bad, drop a JSPEC 2JZ motor and you'll be good to go

Comment

i suggest using the cefiro its a good starter
                and it is cheap

Autopartswarehouse addict!

Comment

yeah, i think that a good starter car is a 240sx. my miata has been good to me to, and i'm sure you could find a good cheap one. maybe you could find an old cressida too. that'd be awesome.
                  but from what i hear, the 240sx seems to be the easiest to start with.

Comment

Working...
                  X