Finaly Decided..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finaly Decided..

We I have finaly made up my mind on going with a 240SX, im thinking of going with a 90.. but Im not really sure what I should do about the engine.. Will the stock engine be enought for break the tires from the black top.?

To be honest with you I have a 92 Honda Prelude S that I would love to be able to do a rear end converson on it .. I just love the way the car looks..

to bad I cant really drift in FWD vehicles..

The KA motor is enough. I mean stock AE86s have less power than that and can drift. It just takes more skill to drift an under powered car, so it's a good way to learn. So get out there, have fun, and stay safe.

Comment

Yes the KA is plenty capable of drifting stock.

You will need to do some homework to get what you want/need however.

For example, you talk about getting a '90. Keep in mind the '89 and '90 are the single cam engine (what I'm running actually). Now if it's gonna remain stock, there's only about 10-14bhp difference between the two. But if you're planning to boost it, the dual cam is the better choice. Not only is their more information on it, but the head flows better allowing for more power.

Now KA24ET (Singlecam Turbo) builds are becomming more common. If you want more info, check out www.240sxforums.com

Also keep in mind that the older S13's albeit very attractive, are prone to rust and some mechanical and electrical issues. There are a few key things to look for with rust, primaraly if it has a spoiler, any door/hatch leaking issues and a moon roof. Those are all the main rust areas. I actually got lucky with mine because there's only a few tiny spots of surface rust with nothing terminal.

Now if you want something a little more reliable you can take a look at the S14's. Primaraly OBD2 engines (newer than '95). Not only is OBD2 a bit more reliable (lets face it it's newer), it's also a bit easier to work with and more standard than OBD1. Keep in mind the S14's go for a fair amount more.

Hopefully some of this info will point you in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
      X