shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifting

im very confused on when to shift at points during the drift.. and very confused when i should break then shift cause i dont wanna over rev the engine by shfting down to early can someone please explain? thank you=)

Originally posted by romuna94 View Post
    im very confused on when to shift at points during the drift.. and very confused when i should break then shift cause i dont wanna over rev the engine by shfting down to early can someone please explain? thank you=)
    I'm not sure I'm getting what you're saying. Are you saying that you shift WHILE drifting. As in, you go in (in a certain gear) get sideways, then while the car is still sideways, you clutch in and shift? That's odd. Well, I'll try to help but I'm sure that there are much more experienced drivers here to speak on this.

Just some details before I go on . . .what kind of car do you drive? How much work is done to it? Are you referring to street drifting or drifting at events?

I will say that every event I've been to, I've been able to shift once before the turn (usually 2nd gear) and just rock the entire course. The only time I've hit third is at Elite Summer Nationals and that came back to bite me on the butt (literally) later on.

At any rate, it's going to depend on your car, the course lay out and what you're trying to accomplish. I personally haven't seen too many course layouts that require shifting mid drift but perhaps someone can speak up here later on and give their input.

-Dave

Comment

lol i dont havea car yet i was just talking liek practicing in a parkinglot and stuff but thansk for the help

Comment

I figured as much . . .

From what I've experienced, there isn't much shifting to be done in a car during the drift unless you've got some very short gears or you've got enough power to get the wheels spinning again once you've killed them by pushing the clutch in.

In other words, I'll say to you what others have said to me, get a car, get some seat time, the rest will fall into place.

-Dave

Comment

Working...
        X