Drifting with 1998 Cavalier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting with 1998 Cavalier

I have a 1998 Cavalier Sedan with a 2.2L engine. I was just wondering if and how it could drift.

Not well. The main flaw with your car is it's front wheel drive. I know many argue that FF layouts can drift too, but it's quite different than a RWD or 4WD.

FWD's are capable of initiating drifts just fine by either a heavy load shift or pulling the parking brake. But any desire to dontinue the slide will be thwarded because the second you step on the throttle, you're gonna be pulled out of the slide.

Comment

To keep sliding you have to balance locking up the rear wheels on and off while using the throttle to keep the car going.

Feint and accel off are the best ways to get started in fwd.

You get better by practicing.

I used to drift my fwd 2nd gen eclipse all the time.

It was easy with all the camber i had added after lowering the car almost 3".

I got bored quick though and i'm building an FC3s rx7 to slide now. You'll figure out some good initiation techniques drifting ff but things like "clutch kick", "shift lock" and "power over" you're going to need a rwd car for.

Comment

All I'm going to say is this, most events don't even allow FWD, so the only chance you're going to have to get any action in is on the streets and that's not cool.

Keep it Rear Drive, keep it on the track and keep it sideways!

-Dave

Comment

Working...
        X