hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey

hey,just signed up so i though i would introduce myself.
    i live in southern cali,ive always been fascinated and into cars since i can remember and its all finally possible for me to do.I'm planning on starting out with an ealy 90s miata for my drifitng,reason being there cheap and really like the feel they have.Also was just wondering if any of you know of any drift events of any kind anytime soon(southern cali)as i would like to go watch and also were you go to practice.
    thanks!

Well, we have quite a few events down here, so just keep an eye on the FD page. I think it's next may when Long Beach is happening again.

When it comes to drifting yourself, it sounds like you're a relitively new driver. If that's the case, I'll tell you what I tell everyone else in your situation, focus on becoming a good confident driver first before you go out and try to drift. And if this is your first car, I recommend something reliable if at all possible.

Now I know some people will dissagree with me, but IMHO the miata isn't the worlds greatest car to learn in. The problem is it's weight distrabution and short wheel base make it snappy and prone to spin, especially at high speed entrys.

Now as a first car, they're decent, handle well and are (for the most part) very reliable. On top of that, you can pick one up for cheap. If you have any plans to autocross, this is an excellent car for it.

Comment

yeah only been driving for about a year,im aware of the challenges the miata will bring but it will probably be the only car im going to be able to afford since we have a spare miata motor in the garage(probably get rolling chassis).I like auto cross as well so i think it might be a good choice.
      thank you for your reply.

Comment

Working...
      X