Best year of nissan 240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best year of nissan 240

Sup people i know the question has been ask. so if someone can direct me to a thread/forum. that would be great or give me your opinion here. i like a 95-98 and a the 91 180sx/240sx http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9200/halo2og8.jpg im not that in to this http://driftjapan.com/blog/wp-conten...black01_01.jpg so my question is which one would be better for a beginner and cheap.

In my opinion the s14 is the best of the american 240sx's
    I prefer the Zenki front end, but I know a lot of people out there like the Kouki look.
    As far as motors go though, from 89-98 the dohc engine came with 155hp. so you don't get much of a difference there.
    All in all though. I say you should drive both an S13 and an S14 and find out which one you feel better in.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo_Drift View Post
      In my opinion the s14 is the best of the american 240sx's
      I prefer the Zenki front end, but I know a lot of people out there like the Kouki look.
      As far as motors go though, from 89-98 the dohc engine came with 155hp. so you don't get much of a difference there.
      All in all though. I say you should drive both an S13 and an S14 and find out which one you feel better in.
      Also the s13 weighs less, parts are cheaper (not by much), the differential mounts solidly to the subframe unlike the s14 the diff stub axles are 6bolt vs s14 5bolt they can handle more power (I've read about honda 2000 guys swapping to the s13 rear end) but then again an s14 is bound to have less miles n be in better condition. I have an s13 n I must say I'd luv to have a kouki s14 other than those I like my s13 paid 2k for it with 136k miles lol the s14 also has a slighty wider wheel base and the se I know has 5lug and a viscous lsd no s13 came with a viscous unless it had abs or hicas. The only reason I ended up with a s13 is because I wanted A 240 in my town only about 5 or 6 roam around including mine so I didn't complain finding mine.

Comment

Dude, it's all preference. You wan't my opinion, if you have the money, get as new as you can. My preference leans towards the S13 hatch myself (What I own) due to styling.

Comment

Well of course but ppl in my state think the 240 is gold there are auto s14s being sold for over 3k I found my s13 for 2k with 18in falken rims (which I sold for 400 n gotta kaaz). With 136k miles and it was a 5spd so I jumped up and took it. I'm glad I did because s13 parts are cheaper lol

Comment

Hahahaha, you're in California huh? I'm just answering the question the 'Best 240' IMO would be the youngest you can get. If you want the chaepest, then it's the oldest. Beyond that it's preference.

Comment

Haha nooo I'm in tennessee anyone here think anything that's an import with less than 8 pistons is a ricer iguess that's way 240s are rare althought civics n tegs are everyehwhere

Comment

personaly i would prefer the 89 thru 91 coupe
                fast back is cool
                but the coupe is beutifull with a silvia front end slammed
                its baller status

Comment

Well I plan on making mine into a sileighty. I don't like the coupe u gotta sweet front end then the car looks like it cut in half or nissan got tired decided to stop makin the car lol plus u better weight dist altho it weighs a little more just my preference. I don't like the pig nose tho n the single cam ka I think is pos I don't think they are as reliable as the DE

Comment

Originally posted by adrianz31 View Post
                    personaly i would prefer the 89 thru 91 coupe
                    fast back is cool
                    but the coupe is beutifull with a silvia front end slammed
                    its baller status
                    Well...........If you're talking about the pignose that was only '89 and '90. As for the Silvia front end, that can go on any S13, so you're good from '89-94' 'cause the only real change (save for the motor in '91) was the bumper.

Comment

Working...
                    X