Hey guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys

My names Cloud and im 17 i just got into the drifting since i got my car (its a VW 2008 Jetta) i know its probably a crappy car to drift in (i maybe wrong) i don't know much about cars but hopefully with this site i will be able to learn a few things. I was actually considering in buying a Lancer Evo soon don't know what year just yet but if somebody would be kind enough to give me a hand in what i should do like keep my car? or buy another one? or something to get me started that would be greatly appreciated.

what to do...?

Hey dude,.. don't get me wrong, the car you have is by no means a drift car although you can drift a front wheel, I should know, I have an 02 Jetta GLS and an 04.5 limited edition Jetta GLI BOOSTED to 19.5psi Dope cars !!! Bad drifter.
    Keep the Jetta for sake of style when needed but buy old and cheap for a drift car. If you can find one, an AE86 is dope, had one loved it. Or a 96 or 97 nissan 240. Some people will say the AE86 is tough to drift for a beginner but they don't know how to prep a car for drift/ coil-overs front and rear lowered/ upper and lower front and rear sways/ new clutch and oil ect.. The car has low power and heavy body roll stock with miles on it! BUT... Style points for the car are off the chart!!
    The 240 - 96 or 97 (NOT an early 90s model- they're *Censored**Censored**Censored*!!!) is a great starter, same thing almost though, Megan coilovers front/rear fully adjustable and upper/lower/front/rear Tanabe sways , new clutch and a welded diff and it's on like early dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stock with about 180hp it's great for the lower speed drifting but ideal for shreding corners and parking lots which is the safer way to learn.
    Either way it should take between $2500 to $5500 and you on the learning trail, do not do not do not get a $20,000 to $40,000 dollar car thinking tokyo drift taught you the ropes!!!!!! or your first wall may be your last!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NOW GO GET SOME SIDEWAYZZ<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Just e-brake it until you total it then get yourself something rwd. I think most of us started drifting like that anyways. And don't bother with that Evo unless you know how to convert it to rwd. It's actually not that hard but if you don't know anything about cars, I wouldn't try.

Comment

Working...
      X