introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introduction

Just want to introduce myself and say hello. I am new to the drifting scene, but know quite a few people who are pretty good at it. My husband stunts motorcycles here in ATL (www.atlfreestyle.com) and we have done a few shows where drifting was a part of our show. We we are atlanta motor speedway over the weekend doing a show. I am still deciding on what car I want. I am thinking about a 240. I hope learning how to drift comes naturally .

What are some opinions on getting a 240?

Comment

A 240sx is a nice platform to start with, but it is getting harder to find a decent/untouched one. Besides, were you thinking about a S13 or S14? Either way- good luck.

As far as drifting being easy: all I say is that it comes easier to some than others. Some people can instinctively feel how the car is moving, while others have to learn it. It's fun to learn and practice regardless! Just be sure to always have a small amount of money set aside for tires.

Comment

not 100% on the car and plan to set money aside for sure, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by naturalborn View Post
          I hope learning how to drift comes naturally .
          It can when you understand it. Understand the science and become familiar with the various drift techniques and how they work. Knowing why things happen is a big part in being able to effectively use the techniques and get the car to behave correctly. It's half natural skill and half physics. You can only partially compensate for the other part.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food View Post
            It can when you understand it. Understand the science and become familiar with the various drift techniques and how they work. Knowing why things happen is a big part in being able to effectively use the techniques and get the car to behave correctly. It's half natural skill and half physics. You can only partially compensate for the other part.
            great point! thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X