Got 10k To spend NEED CAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 10k To spend NEED CAR

Hey guys i had a 63 impala that i think just sold for 10k. Now this is were i need help. All my friends that drift have 240s which i understand cheap, RWD, and turbo. but was wondering what are some other options. Basically what i want to know is what it will cost to build a car for drifting and what car is cheap and easier to get drift ready. if you can list parts need and so on i like 240s and if there the easiest and cheapest then i will go with it also this will be my first drift car so no 10k cars plan to spend at lest 2k on a bike
    Thank you AJ

10 grand can go a loooooong way if you can do your own work

Comment

well am in automotive school right now and my dad know a ton about cars so i think i can do alot of work and have every tool know to man lol. But what is a good car. I like the e30s but do not know much about BMW's and do not want a 240 like everyone else any other good starter cars.

Comment

theres a couple cars u can start drifting with but pretty much the 240 is one of the easiest to work on and u can find parts pretty much anywere . but u can start off with a corolla (ae84,85,86) , lexus (sc300) nissan (s12.s13.s14.) toyota supra's . even the bmw , and with 10k u can do alot . and the parts needed to drift , or endless . but the basic's are good running engine . get some coilovers - supension parts. good brakepads, and some tires and rims . and urpretty much good to go . u dont need that much stuff to just get started out drifting .

Comment

The BMW 3 and 5 series models can definitely drift, but they seem more expensive to repair than comparable Japanese or American cars.

Just pick something that you're comfortable with and doesn't cost too much initially (especially if it's your first drift car). Some guys prefer tons of torque with a longer wheelbase, while others prefer a smaller and lighter car with higher rpm power.

Depending on how much power you want- engine swaps are another option. For example, the Mk III Supra has a nice layout and wheelbase, but the stock 5M or 7M isn't that powerful. Swapping in a 1JZ or 2JZ would give you much more power and probably save you some money in the long run (compared to upgrading the stock 5M). Just be sure that you use a LSD and decent brake pads before going out.

Have fun, and remember to save money for tires.

Comment

get a datsun 510 shell a 240 engine and some tires and you'ready 2 go (510 based on a bmw)

Comment

Working...
            X