New to Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Drifting

So i have recently come upon a 1985 Nissan 300zx and finally have the time and money to start drifting at the track locally. I have been driving and modifying cars for a while now. But i want to know what you personally think of the z31 300zx. it seems powerful enough at the moment so i dont really want to do anything major but i do want to know what minor modifications would be encouraged at this point.

Now here is the tricky part, I also have a 88 RX7 that the engine is bad on it, so im either gunna get rid of it for near nothing or keep it and put a 5.0 into it and strip it down to nothing and race that one. would i be better to get rid of that RX7 or just buy a nice foxbody mustang?

THE ROTARY IS DEAD, NO BASHING PLEASE.

Stick with the 88 RX7. Much better aftermarket when it comes to drifting no matter what engine you put in it and simply a much better platform. The Z31 is a terrible platform for drifting. No steering angle, trailing-arm rear suspension, just crap. The 5.0 would be an interesting swap in an FC, would be the first I've heard of it.

Comment

Working...
    X